Children and Bus stop..
Hello everyone,
I decided to do a post about the children and the bus stops.. Oak Ridge schools has one mile radius where the children will not be picked up by the bus but to walk across some dangerous streets to get to school.. I am fortunately that we are not in that one mile radius BUT I worry because after school, my sons will start walking to Boy's Club since I am back in workforce..
This happened in Knoxville today and it's close to where Nurse Vicki lives, I think.. I know the boy should have stopped but I still disagree that schools have the bus stops at dangerous intersections or highways. I feel that they should put children's safety FIRST before the budget. The city should be able to provide that and take away from some other avenues that can spare the monies..
Our children should be protected and shouldn't be put in dangers way at any cost.. I pray for each and every child to be safe acrossing the streets everywhere!
Till Then, M-










2 Comments:
Yeah, that's pretty close to my house. I saw the name Tyler and his age and panicked. The kid next door to me is 11 and his name is Tyler. But it's not him. But it's still a child. Rebecca would have to walk down Ball Camp Pike with no sidewalks to school if her mom didn't take her. They need to think about the children!
This is definitely a great concern for every community. You are so great when it comes to expressing your opinions in writing, you should send a letter to your newpapers about your concerns. You ae a great advocate for children.
Post a Comment
<< Home