Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Families should be cherished..

Hello Everyone once again!

I am going to post something about Families today.. I feel I wanted to make sure my family (both sides - my family and in-laws) know that we do cherish them very much..

I am grateful for remaining grandparents we have- Granny and Gramps (Mary and Arthur Wilkinson Jr.) and Mom Mom and Pop (Mildred and Joseph Mitchell Jr.). We don't get to see Mom Mom and Pop very often but we do think of them often and love them dearly.. We are hoping to be able to make some plans to come down to North Carolina to visit Mom Mom and Pop and to visit Mom and Bill and his family soon. We get to see Granny and Gramps often via VP and we go and take them on their errands once a week sometimes once in two weeks depending on what's needed to be done.

Both set of grandparents has celebrated 60th anniversary, Wilkinson is on their 63rd anniversary and Mitchell is on their 61st anniversary. The milestone tells something about them that they are something special! As marriage really does take hard work and compromises, give and take and communication and they all are living proof that we are able to do this if we are WILLING to do what it takes in the marriage.. They are valuable people in our families..

Granny, Gramps, Mom Mom, Pop - I want you to know that we do love you very much and are so grateful to have you in our lives! We learn how to do things better by watching how you do in your lives and marriage.. Thank you for being a good example for us all! We love you!

I also want to say I cherish our parents very much.. Mom and Dad Wynn and Mom Mitchell and Dad Carver..

Mom and Dad Wynn and Mom Mitchell has maintained and still do have close contact with us so we have no problem with communication and we are able to say whatever we want or need to say. They helps us out whenever we need some helping, nothing major really just something simple like their grandparents duties of watching their precious grandchildren when we need to do something that kids are not suggested to go etc. The grandkids adores them very much! They meant so much to us and we love them dearly. Dad Carver, on other hand has not been around last few years. It's sad that we don't really have relationship with him but we still love him dearly because he's Dad to Bucky and Papaw to the grandkids nonetheless. It was good to see him at PaPaw's funeral recently and he has said he wants to see us more often. So let's hope that it does happen..

To two Moms and two Dads, Thank you for raising us and teaching us how to live our lives the way we would be proud of ourselves, being proud of us when we do something right and be patient when we make tons of mistakes.. Each parents are unique and special to each set of children and I think we got the best set of parents! We love you dearly and forever!

And of course, Sisters and Brothers, Sandy and Robert McMillan and Bill and Tina Carver..

I don't know what I would do without Sandy at times when I needed a sister to lean on. She has been and still is WONDERFUL sister to me! Sandy and I had our share of arguments when we were young but nothing bad or serious enough to divide us. Our struggles in life had made us much closer than we ever had been. We bail each other out in time of need, may it be money, support, or just being there for each other. She is the best sister that was given to me by my parents and God. We talk THOUSAND times a day and no, I didn't forget Robert, :) I do love Robert as he has been real good to Sandy and being gentle in their relationship. He provides for her the way husband should be able to provide for the wife. I do want to strangle Robert at times for posting some pictures of me on his blog which I really HATE! But that's a simple thing LOL!

We don't get to see or hear from Bill and Tina very often but we do love them dearly and wish we were able to have the close relationship that I do have with Sandy. Whenever we do get together, we do have our laughs and good time but it came on very few occasions when we do get to see each other. Hopefully we will be able to get together more often because I do not want Bucky to be "divided" from his family.

To Sandy and Robert, Bill and Tina We do want you all to know we do cherish you very much and we are so glad that we do have you in our lives because without you, our life wouldn't amount to much. We look forward to grow old with our brothers and sisters! Nothing is better than sister and brother when we lose our parents.. Always remember we do love you very much..

and Our precious nieces Brittany and Rebecca and nephew Jonathan,

I can't even begin to tell you how much Brittany and Rebecca means to me.. They are my girls! They make me proud to be a Aunt even though I know they are from Bucky's side.. The girls makes my day when they send cute things via emails and say "Aunt Mary" and I know I meant something to them. When they were here for the weekend of New Year, they gave me plenty of hugs and ILYs and made me feel beaming happy.. Brittany was real precious when she said she didn't want Grandma to go with us to museum, she wanted to spend time alone with me so I took the kids to museum which made me feel special even though I felt bad for Grandma..

We don't get to see Jonathan very often, our last visit with Jonathan was about 4 or 5 years ago but I still love him because he's part of our family whether we see him or not. I don't send him any money or gifts because I wouldn't know what happens to the gifts we send so until he comes around, we will just remember him and love him from afar..

To my girls Brittany and Rebecca and Jonathan, I love you each very much. Brittany and Becky, You don't even know how much I really feel special when you come around. You are always welcome to come and visit Aunt Mary and Uncle Bucky. You have a home away from home at any time.. Whenever you get bored with Mom and Dad, you can come and visit us! HA!

To the pets in households- Buddy, Bandit, Angel, Blackie, Brownie, Squeekers, Monkey, Carmel, Max, Puggly, Booda,

You all have claimed your place in our houses and my heart forever and always. Even though there are times that you did things you are not supposed to do like chewing things, potty in the house etc but you have my love and trust in you!

At last but not least, my Honey and children...

I also cherish my husband and my children very much. Without them, my life wouldn't meant so much to me. They make my days worthwhile to go on and have something to look forward to such as purpose of childhood milestones-driving, proms, graduations, college, graduation from colleges, employments, marriages, homes, grandchildren.. I look forward to grow old with Bucky and enjoy our golden years together enjoying the life together.

The most important thing is that I really cherish my Lord.. He has provided me with the life I have right now, He gave me the family that fits me perfect, He gave me the obstacles in my life to see the true meaning of Faith, Love and Family. Each time we get through the obstacles, it makes us better person and view things in different light.

If you have not told your family how much they meant to you, please do so before it's too late.. I wanted to do this because death can come at any time.. Death won't wait for you when you are ready to say what you want to say to your loved ones. Some of us have the chance to tell but not all of us do. Tell your loved one on regular basis so they know you love them and they love you too.

I pray and hope 2007 will be better year for everyone even though they have a good year in 2006..

8 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,

Reading this post does make me see that we all cherish each other and that should be said everyday.. Although I don't think to do that..

You are the best sister anybody could have. You have bailed me out a thousand more times that I could ever imagine and I am grateful for you doing that..

You and bucky have given me 3 great wonderful nephews and niece and they are like my children and I love them just as much as I love you and bucky..

It's hard to ever imagine not having you as my sister and being a part of my life so I'm grateful that mom and dad has a daughter like you to be my big sister!!!

Love you so much
Sandy

 
At 10:12 PM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Vicki said...

Amen sister! People just don't seem to realize how important families are. I cherish my family and Doug's too. And like you, I cherish my Lord. He created the world we live in, and also each and every one of our family members and friends. But mostly, He loved us enough to die for us. I'm glad you did this post. It makes me stop and think about the family I have, and the family I have lost. We never know when death will come. Thank you.

 
At 6:55 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Apparently Death Is Coming To Me By This Weekend According To Mary. :)

 
At 10:02 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Thank you Sandy and Vicki! We all forget time to time how much someone meants to us until we are reminded.. So I am glad I am able to remind others like I was reminded when Papaw Carver died. So I wanted to take this time to do so AND I forgot to mention I do have cherish friendships that I want to know I think of you and love you very much too.

Robert, YES I have already stated my reasons up above because you decided to pick the WORST picture of me ever! GRRR :) But I still love you regardless! :)

:) M

 
At 1:07 AM, January 19, 2007, Blogger dorislea51 said...

Mary,
You are so right sweetie. I thank you for you kindness. You are a very thoughtful person and always have been. You are my first girl. Thank you for all the nice little things that I take for granted. I really don't mean to, you just do nice things like this all the time. Thank you for making Bucky so happy. Thanks for giving me 3 terrific grandkids and allowing me to spend so much time with them. That means the world to me. Thanks for teaching raising the kids in a christian enviroment. Thanks for sharing your whole family with me. That will always be special to me. I love you all more than you can imagine. Your family is my family too. We are one big happy family. Including Vicki and Doug. Anybody that would offer to let me sleep with them and their spouse when I come to visit has to be good. lol
Bucky, I guess I assume he knows how much I love him. Bucky from the moment I knew I was going to have you, has been a joy for me. You are Wonderful SON. I am so proud of you and Mary both. For many reasons. Love Mom M

 
At 10:44 AM, January 19, 2007, Blogger dorislea51 said...

Aunt Mary,
I really love you too! One day maybe you can come over to our house. Also, I would like for you to send us ALL your snow. We got a little bit yesterday but we want every single bit of it. smile
I love you xoxoxoxoxo etc. Brittany
P.S. Hope to see you soon.

 
At 10:49 AM, January 19, 2007, Blogger dorislea51 said...

Aunt Mary,
Will you come over to see us. I wrote a story. It is s good story trust me, you will enjoy it. It is about 2 ponies. I will send you a copy. If you don't like it I will send you one about a Princess.
Hope to see you soon.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Love Rebecca

 
At 2:19 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Mom, Brittany and Becky,

Thanks for posting on the blog.. You all meant so much to me and I just wanted to say it out loud so everyone will know how much.. :)

Brittany, We didn't get any snow here yet. We were supposed to get some Sunday till Wednesday but the weather has changed.. We are having sun now.. Sorry I can't send you some if we don't have any here.. :) But if we do have some snow, I will make sure I send some your way ;)

Rebecca, I read your story and it was WONDERFUL! You are a very good storyteller and I emailed you and asked if I can share your story with viewers who comes to my site. I wait to get your reply.. I would love to hear about a Princess.. Send me the story please!

I love you very much and always!

Aunt Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home