Motherhood
Hello everyone!!
I was reading through Paul Robertson's website and he had pictures of his late wife Angela also known as Mollycheck who died in 2005. She died from Non-hogdkin diease. I am fortunate to know her when we met occasionally at Knoxville Center of the Deaf. She was always very friendly and smiling all the time, someone you would want to know and become friends with.
I couldn't make it to her memorial services but heard that there was very heartfelt tribute to her at the services and Paul had that slideshow on his blog so I watched it. It showed pictures of her growing up and her three boys which brought me to think about Motherhood.
Mollycheck is a Mom to three boys and my friend Traci who died last November from cancer is also a mother to two boys. I sit here wondering, why do those Moms has to leave their children at young age? I know God has better plans for them when he decided that it's time for Mollycheck and Traci to leave.
When it is my time to leave my children and husband, I would want for them to know I love them very very much and would give up anything for them. Justin is my oldest son and he does bring roller coaster ride in our lives as he goes through each age phases and he's turning 17 in August. I love him more than he realizes it. I know it seems like I'm "mean" "tough" "bossy" but that is my job as Mom to make sure that he knows what's right or wrong in life, which friends really deserve to be his friends and try to make him a better person for his future. I am proud of him with the success he has and how smart he is and when he applies it to his studies.
I love Tori as she's my only daughter and that's something special when you have mainly male household to have another female living along you. I know Tori is Daddy's little girl and she loves to be with her Dad but I do cherish those moments where she will be spending time with me. She is very competitive and athletic, enjoying pushing herself to the extreme. I just pray and hope that she will continue to do this but in right way and for the right things in future. Tori, please do remember I love you very much and I know you HUG me!
Ryan is a Mommy's boy all the way, I love the way Ryan spend the time he has with us whenever he is not busy playing with his friends. I cherish those moments where he snuggle beside me and want my undivided attention, steal some moments to sleep with me when Dad is not in bed yet, he makes me swell with pride and joy to be a Mom when he does those small stuff that meant nothing to many but meant so much to me.
I do not want to leave my children any time soon but if it's in God's will, so be it so I want my children to know no matter how old they are, no matter what their lives lead them to, they are my children and I love them unconditionally. I am so proud to be their Mom.
I know that is same thing Mollycheck and Traci feel when they depart earth and their families.
Thanks.










1 Comments:
All this is so true! I was very sorry when I read about Traci dying. Too many mothers have to leave their children too soon. My children are now grown and have babies of their own, but they are still my babies and I love them for ever and more.
Post a Comment
<< Home