Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kevin Mowl

Hello everyone!

Yes, today I am home because Justin and Ryan's school has been cancelled due to snow. The boys are so excited! :) Today is also my one year anniversary working at AUI but I'm not working. How ironic! :)

I wanted to post this link so we can honor Kevin Mowl as I recently got the link to a solider has deaf family members who went to Baghdad and was injured by a blast on August 2nd has died on Feburary 25th. Please go to http://www.caringbridge.org and log in and type in kevinmowl for the page to view. There are pictures, journals of what he has to endure while his stay in Naval hospital in MD. I know his great aunt Betty Lawson as she used to live here in Knoxville, TN. And the point that he has deaf family members (Mowl family) hit home with me, I'm sure there are many deaf families that has their children, sibling sent to Iraq to protect us Americans. I salute them.

I do wish there is no more war but I do have very much deep respect for our soliders as they face things that we do not face in our daily lives. I do have soliders and veterans in family and in-laws. Please do take the time to tell them that we are very thankful for their time serving our country. Also keep the soliders that are overseas and in America in our prayers and thoughts.

Thanks! Till then- M-

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Vicki said...

I always hate to hear about one of our soldiers being killed. I will keep his family in my prayers. I feel honored to have my son at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home