Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Choices, finally!

Eversince I moved to Knoxville area in 1992, I only knew one place to get interpreter services was from Knoxville Area Community Center for the Deaf which is now known as KCD (Knoxville Center of the Deaf)and I have always felt that we should have choices of which agency we can promote which will give us interpreter services but that was not happening till now..... Actually there was one lady who owned the interpreting business but it was not publicized like KCD was/is so now I think there is three places we can request interpreters from, I'm aware of two but not very sure about the third one yet.

The first one of course is KCD and the second one is Visual Communciation Interpreting

I believe that there shouldn't be only one agency in area who provides interpreting services. I believe we as a deaf community should have CHOICES to use one, two or even three or maybe even 10 agencies for interpreting services.

So for those who lives in East Tennessee, you now have two places to contact for interpretering services, click their websites. I will post if the third one is indeed functioning. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home