Knoxville Center of the Deaf
Hello Everyone!
Hope your Saturday was peaceful and tranquil! :)
I attended Knoxville Center of the Deaf membership meeting Saturday night for the first time in a long time.. It was good to see many deafies that I had not seen in a while.. The meeting brought out a good crowd outcome and it lasted from 6 pm till 11 pm! They also served Buddy's BBQ during a break while they tallied up the board member votes.
A lot of issues has been brought up and I hope to see continous improvements at KCD. Good luck to those board members that has been elected Saturday night..
~*~*~*~
Speaking of KCD, They have a family that had their house burned down over the weekend.. I hate this happening during the holidays or anytime of the year! BUT I am grateful that the family survived! OH man! If you want to help the family with stuff, to get them restarted with household, clothes and such.. You can go to KCD's website or contact KCD for information..
Some of you I know are aware that the Rodney Miller family suffered a
devastating loss over the weekend when their home burned to the ground. They
and their 3 year old daughter survived and are fine. They lost everything. They are a very fine family; we know them well. All three were here at KCD all morning. We helped them with a number of things and they are coping well. One of the KCD staff is with them this afternoon helping to get records restored (drivers license, etc). They will be back tomorrow again and we will have a number of things ready for them (computer, tty, etc).Lost in the fire were the 3 year olds Christmas gifts. I am writing to let you know that we have set up an account for them here to give them assistance and for certain we will make sure the Christmas presents are replaced. If you would like to make a donation make your check payable to KCD and put Rodney Miller family on the subject line. We can also accept credit card contributions. For a CC gift, call Ann at 579-0832.Bob Rittenhouse, Ph.D. Executive Director of KCD
3731 Martin Mill Pike
Knoxville, TN 37920
865-579-0832
865-577-0656 (fax)










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home