Emails to share, Birthdays..
Hello Everyone!
Hope your Sunday is warm and peaceful! We are having warm weather here in East Tennessee! We have been on roller coaster weather going into cold and warm weather each week!
Are you all ready for Christmas!? My kids sure are! Justin and Ryan are now on their Christmas break! Tori has to go to school for a week before she can start her vacation..
Bucky is really enjoying his job so much.. It is something he really likes and went to college for so it's perfect job! YAY! I have had two interviews this past week and I'm HOPING to be able to get the job at one of the place because it is something I would like to do and their hours are perfect! Monday - Friday 8 to 5 pm. Mmmm :) It also helps that they have very good benefits! I get paid holiday for my birthday WOW!! :) So I'm praying hard that I am able to get this job.
I decided to go through my email and copied & pasted some information here so you guys can read..
Till Then, M-
~*~*~*~
I got this email from Dear Abby while back and decided to post this.. With parties coming up for the holidays, I think this would be good idea.. Yes, I am guilty for not RSVPing to some events I have been invited to.. :( so I am going to make sure that I do better on that from now on so the hosts would have numbers to go on. For those who I have not RSVPED, I'm sorry..
HOSTS LEARN TO STAND FIRM WITH GUESTS WHO IGNORE RSVP
ABBY: I could only sympathize after reading the letter from "Tired in Kentucky" (10/9), the mother of the bride who was having trouble with the RSVPs. At my daughter's wedding we had the same problem. In the end, we had 14 no-shows out of a planned attendance of 79,which at $57 a head for dinner, drinks, champagne toast and appetizers was a lot of money spent for nothing. I was particularly offended because some of their excuses were poor -- for example, they decided at the last minute to do something better. People apparently don't realize that you have to give a number to the caterer at least a week ahead. You then need to pay for that number of guests whether they show up or not. I think I have found the answer, though: My next catered party, I'm going to call a week ahead, and if they don't know if they're coming or not, I'm telling them I'll take that as a no. I have learned that the minute you take something away, they want it. Maybe I can train my guests this way. If not, I'll eliminate them from future guestlists.-- MARY IN EUGENE, ORE.
MARY: That letter touched a nerve with a lot of readers. It appears that a large segment of the population either never learned good manners in the first place, or has chosen to ignore them. Your solution to the problem is a clever one. Read on for some other solutions to the RSVP problem:
ABBY: We attended a wedding where the name of each guest who had responded by the given date was put on a list. After the ceremony, there was a closed reception in an upscale ballroom. The doorman had a final list -- guests had to sign in before entering the room. If youweren't on the list, you didn't attend the reception. The doorman was the person giving out the bad news. You couldn't even see the bride and groom. It was done very politely and respectfully to those who had to be turned away, but it was clear that they weren't allowed to enter because they had failed to respond by the date. I thought it was a nice way to handle the situation. The bride and groom weren't put on the spot and weren't blind-sided by an "overcount" of people showing up to eat. The doorman also added to the formality of the occasion.-- MELINDA IN GEORGIA
ABBY: Here's my solution. It serves me well and always works. I hit upon it when my kids were little, and we never knew whether to expect 10 or 30 for a party. I send out invitations for the occasion with the date -- but not the time. For a wedding, I would give the date and time, but not the location, and add the word "only" on the invitations to those who are not encouraged to bring a guest. I also note, "We'll miss you if you cannot RSVP by ( )." To anyone too busy to call within the two weeks I give them, we extend our sincere and heartfelt regrets if they do call late. This may seem a bit harsh, I know, but it is done with a bit of humor, and no one to date has fussed. They all know they should respond within a given time, and we have wonderful turnouts to all our parties and such. Thanks, Abby. You and I have coffee together every morning, and I have learned so much from you and your readers!-- SHALIMAR IN SANTA ROSA, CALIF.
SHALIMAR: How sweet! So have I.
~*~*~*~
I got this via email from Dear Abby and I think it is worthwhile to share with others.. I have experienced this myself.. It is not ideal way to do this but unfortunately Employers does do that..
DELIVERING BAD NEWS IS HARD FOR SOME EMPLOYERS TO HANDLE
ABBY: What has happened to professional courtesy in the workplace? I am a high school teacher, and recently a colleague learned that he was being replaced by another teacher when he read it in the school board minutes! The principal did not even extend the courtesy of telling him in person -- although his room and her office are only yards apart. Abby, that teacher could have been applying for other jobs.
Another example: My daughter works in the television industry and is quite successful. Months ago, she was contacted by a major network asking if she was interested in applying for an opening with them. They interviewed her twice, then flew her cross-country at their expense for a final interview, at which time she was told she would hear from them the following week. That was two months ago. Is it that difficult for a prospective employer to call and say, "We offered the position to someone else," or "We haven't decided yet"
Finally, my son, a college student, was told he would hear in one week when he was to start a new job. That was five weeks ago. Couldn't the employer have been honest up front and told him that perhaps they wouldn't need him right then? My son could have accepted another job and have been earning money
Employers: Prospective employees have lives and obligations. Put yourselves in their shoes. How would you like to put your life on hold while someone dangles a carrot in front of you?Please show some professional courtesy!-- DISAPPOINTED IN NEWPORT,PA.
DISAPPOINTED: Sometimes people have an aversion to giving others bad news, so they say nothing, figuring the message will get out -- eventually. Obviously, the principal wimped out rather than face the teacher and tell him his contract would not be renewed. As for your daughter's experience, "show biz" is notorious for its lack of empathy -- and even honesty -- when it comes to telling someone things aren't working out. I hope she lands a higher-paying job at another network.
Your son's experience this summer could provide a valuable lesson for him. In the future, if someone tells him he'll get word in seven days and it doesn't happen, he should resume his job search on day No. 8. Period.
~*~*~*~
I got this via email from Mom.. How many of you remember Kirk Douglas?? He is Dad to Michael Douglas and a famous actor himself too..
Check out his comment
~*~*~*~
Got this via email from Vicki, Thanks for sharing.. How true that is.. We need to invite Jesus to his birthday party we have every year when Christmas approaches..
As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in my honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials, and in every part of the world everyone is talking that my birthday is getting closer and closer.
It is really very nice to know, that at least once a year, some people think of me. As you know, the celebration of my birthday began many years ago. At first people seemed to understand and be thankful of all that I did for them, but in these times, no one seems to know the reason for the celebration. Family and friends get together and have a lot of fun, but they don't know the meaning of the celebration.
I remember that last year there was a great feast in my honor. The dinner table was full of delicious foods, pastries, fruits, assorted nuts and chocolates. The decorations were exquisite and there were many, many beautifully wrapped gifts. But, do you want to know something? I wasn't invited. I was the guest of honor and they didn't remember to invite me.
The party was for me, but when that great day came, I was left outside, they closed the door in my face......... And I wanted to be with them and share their table. In truth, that didn't surprise me because in the last few years many close their doors to me. Since I was not invited, I decided to enter the party without making any noise. I went in and stood in a corner. There were some who were drunk and telling jokes and laughing at gross things. They were having a great time without me, they supposed.
To top it all, this big fat man all dressed in red wearing a long white beard entered the room yelling Ho-Ho-Ho! He sat on the sofa and all the children ran to him, saying : "Santa Claus, Santa Claus"...as if the party were in his honor !
At 12 midnight all the people began to hug each other. I extended my arms waiting for someone to hug me and--do you know--no one did.
Suddenly they all began to share gifts. They opened them one by one with great expectation. When all had been opened, I looked to see if, maybe, there was one for me. What would you feel if on your birthday everybody shared gifts and you did not get one? I then understood that I was unwanted at that party and quietly left. Every year it gets worse. People only remember to eat and drink, the gifts, the parties and nobody remembers me.
I would like this Christmas that you allow me to enter into your life. I would like that you recognize the fact that almost two thousand years ago I came to this world to give my life for you on the cross to save you from your sins. Today, I only want that you believe this with all you heart.
I want to share something with you. Since many didn't invite me to their parties, I will have my own celebration--a grand party that no one has ever imagined! A spectacular party!! I'm still making the final arrangements.
Today I am sending out many invitations and there is an invitation for you. I want to know if you wish to attend and I will make a reservation for you and write your name with golden letters in my Great Guest Book. Only those on the guest list will be allowed at the party. Those who don't answer the invitation will be left outside.
I'll be waiting for you to attend my party...
See you soon.... I love you !
-Jesus-










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home