My husband, Bucky
As you can see one of the post's comment had a request for my hubby's background.. So here it is..
Bucky is my husband of 12 years and we will be celebrating our 13th anniversary this coming October but in all, we are together for 15 years.. I can't believe that time actually flew so quickly! Our marriage has its up and down.. I would like to think those up and downs has made us stronger in our relationship..
How did we meet? Of course at ENCSD.. He transferred to ENCSD from MSSD as his Dad got transferred to Camp LeJeune Marine base from Quantico Va in 1988. His Dad is a retired marine and his Mom worked for Govt on miltary base and he have a baby brother, Bill. Anyway, he came to ENCSD in his orange spandex bike shorts and wrestling shoes.. There were bunch of girls staring at him as he was cute and skinny with that spandex shorts showing his bulging thing.. I was in relationship with a guy that I had on and off for a long time so Bucky and I didn't hook up till MUCH later in the year. We had a couple classes together and we talked and realized that we knew same people in DC/VA area and that was our common ground that we would chat about. Around May of 1989, there were a event at Lake Waldos near Fayetteville that my family was planning on attending so I asked Mom and Dad if Bucky could come to that event with us. He was dating another girl that time and I was single.. My parents said yes, he could (that was shocking part!) so I asked Bucky if he wanted to come along to a deaf event with us, he said yes.. As you probably could figure out, his girlfriend didn't like that at all and she came to me and said "here's Bucky's things you can have him if you want."
When Bucky and I went to Fayetteville for that event, we had fun and hit it off pretty well. So when we got back to school, Bucky asked if we could see each other more than friends and I said yes, we could.. School was out for summer and we didn't see each other through the summer. August came, Football camp was open so I went to one of the scrimmage game. Bucky and I was awkward with each other but we got back on track with each other.
When we graduated from ENCSD, He was accepted to go to NTID and I was accepted at Gallaudet University. We spent as much time we could through the summer being together before he left in August. I went to Gallaudet and withdrew shortly after and came back home to NC. Bucky's letter FINALLY arrived after a month of being in some place along the way from NY to NC and it had his phone number so I called him. He came down for a weekend visit in Oct and he had came up with several problems with his enrollment/VR situation so he decided to withdrew too. I told him that I had planned on going back to Gallaudet in January of 1991 due to the fact that I am 18 yr old. Well, there was unpredicted plan in the horizon for me. I got pregnant with our first child and I decided to drop my plans on attending Gallaudet. Bucky had asked me several times to marry him, I told him I would rather to wait and not to get married so soon.
Bucky and I moved into our first apartment in Raleigh, 1 bedroom. We had the crib in our bedroom so the baby would be sleeping in same room. The baby Justin L. Carver had made his entrance to the world on August 17, 1991, at 8 lbs 10 oz after 23 hours of labor. I was nervous new mom and I was not sure if Bucky would be able to assume the role of a Dad but he has done so wonderful getting up at nights with me, changing Justin's diapers and cooking dinner for us when I was so tired.. We were still not married until Justin turned 2 months old. We tied the knot on October 26, 1991 at my Mom's apartment in Raleigh with only family members presented, his parents, my parents, his grandparents, my grandparents, his brother and girlfriend Susan and nephew Jonathan, my sister and the pastor, Rev. Neal Peyton.
In December of 92, we moved to Clinton Tennessee and by August of 93, we had another child, Victoria. We had gone through so much things I didn't even dream of going through. I was homesick for NC because of my friends, the places I knew but after a while, I got used to living in TN. We did move back to NC briefly but ended up back in Tennessee.. Our marriage was kinda of rocky until we hit 7 years itch mark and I think we have improved so much in our relationship and with Ryan's cancer, We have bonded together very well.
I love my husband very much and I appericate everything he has done for me and our family. I look forward to celebrate our silver anniversary and gold anniversary and watch our grandchildren and great grandchildren grow..










1 Comments:
OMG!!!! His bulging thing???? What're we going to do with you? I laughed my butt off when I read that. (Yes it's true, I no longer have a butt). Both of you are very lucky to have each other and I'm sure you'll be together forever.
Post a Comment
<< Home