Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Mom in Love



This lady in the picture is Bucky's Mom, my Mom in love, Grandma to our children.. You see that I didn't use "in law" because we came up with in love as it sounds and feels better than saying "in law".. She's sitting with her Dad, Joesph Mitchell Jr..

Her name is Doris Mitchell.. She was born in Hickory NC but raised in Maryland, as all other people move around and she came to live in a small town in NC near Hickory.. She has 2 brothers and 4 sisters, one sister had passed away from cancer.. She married a man and endured 24 years of marriage that I can't imagine enduring myself and moving around as a miltary family. She finally got divorced after raising two sons and gaining daughter in love and 3 grandchildren at time of divorce.. She later gained three more grandchildren and another daughter in love..

I am really grateful to have her in our family because she cares about her children and grandchildren so much to maintain contact and to keep each other updated with what's going on in our lives. She does anything for us whenever we ask or needs her to do. I can't imagine not having her in our lives.. She's a important part of the family and we wish we are able to have her live so close by instead of living 4 hours away BUT thank goodness for internet. We are able to keep in touch with her anytime we want to..

Some deaf children were not fortunate to have their parents interested to learn sign language when they discover their child is deaf.. Bucky was really fortunate that Mom was more than eager to learn sign language to communicate with him and I'm very fortunate because I don't have to write back and forth but just to sign to her when I want or need to talk to her.

I just wanted to introduce her to everyone because she means so much to me and our family and we love her very much!

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, August 16, 2004, Blogger Vicki said...

Sounds like a wonderful woman. I would love to meet her someday, since we're in the same age bracket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home