Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

Today is the day that all Moms get to celebrate the special day and get treated in some special ways like not having to do anything and have others do the cooking, cleaning. Some Moms get to be taken out to dinner honoring them as a Mom. There are many different ways to celebrate Mom's Day.
I always try to tell and show my two Moms, one who gave birth and raised me and the other one I married her son, that I love them and they are really special Moms on this world every day during the year. They both are appericated and one of the special people in our lives every day during the year. Mom's day isn't the only day that I tell them because it comes once a year and they have done so much that can't amount enough in one day. I hope they both know how much we do love and care about them and want to be able to do anything they need because they have done so much for us growing up and they still helps out whenever they can, or whatever they can and it does means so much to us.
Love you!!
Here's some stuff I got in emails and I wanted to share..
~*~*~
GOODBYE MOM
A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.
She finally overtook him at the checkout, And she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."
He answered, "That's okay."
"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, It would make me feel so happy."
She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, The man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."
The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him.
Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.
"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.
"How come so much ... I only bought 5 items.."
The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said You'd be paying for her things, too."
~*~*~
"Why my lips stayed chapped on Mother's Day"
So, we had this great 10-year-old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom.
Well we have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 5 months old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loved chapstick. LOVED it. He kept asking to use my chapstick and then losing it. So finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom I kept my chapstick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to, but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.
A few years ago, on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush-around and trying to get ready for Church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys were fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I was trying to nurse my little one at the same time that I was putting on my make-up. Everything was a mess and everyone had long forgotten that this was supposed to be a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood.
We finally had the older one and the baby loaded in the car and I went looking for Eli. I had searched everywhere and I finally rounded the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chapstick very carefully to Jack's . . . rear end.
Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.
And the only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth.
And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever - because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize that, for some of them, it just isn't possible.
Author Unknown
~*~*~
Forward to all your friends, including me. And don't tell me you're too busy for this. Don't you know the phrase "stop and smell the flowers"? See how many "bouquets" you end up with!
Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrows keep you Human,
Failures keep you Humble,
Success keeps you Glowing,
But Only God Keeps You Going!
~*~*~
Dear Abby article..
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S HELPFUL HANDS BRING BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE
ABBY: I just read the letter from "Dirty Family Laundry"
(Feb. 24), who asked you how to stop her mother-in-law from
doing her laundry. Would you please ask her to send her
mother-in-law to my house? She'd be greatly appreciated.
I used to be picky about how laundry got done and where the
dishes were put away. But now that I live 1,000 miles from
all family, and have a baby and a 3-year-old to take care
of AND unending chores to do, I would love the help.
-- TIRED IN ILLINOIS
TIRED: Your sentiments were echoed in the majority of the
responses I received from readers about that letter. Most
of them felt she should stop "sweating the small stuff"
and be grateful to have a mother-in-law who is willing to
help out any way she can. Read on:
ABBY: Not only is the writer of that letter "particular,"
but also ungrateful. Life is too short to look for things
to complain about. Let it go, dear. So what if she doesn't
do the laundry just right? It can all be replaced, and
sooner or later you will find whatever item she has
misplaced. It really isn't worth getting upset about. I am
truly grateful that my daughter-in-law overlooks my mistakes
and loves me in spite of them.
-- LINDA IN TEXAS
ABBY: My mother-in-law used to come to our house for week-
end visits. My husband and I would work and come home to
a "clean" kitchen. The only problem was she couldn't see
very well, and all of the dishes were still dirty and put
in the wrong cupboards. The stove and countertops were
also covered with an inch of soap film. Everything had to
be washed all over again.
After about six of her visits, and grumbling under our
breath after she left, my husband and I decided that this
would become the ritual and turned it into a treasure hunt
to recapture our kitchen.
My mother-in-law has since had a stroke that has left her
paralyzed, so she doesn't visit anymore. What we wouldn't
do to have her whole again.
-- WHAT'S TWO DAYS EVERY NOW AND THEN?
ABBY: Her mother-in-law does her laundry while she's baby-
sitting? And instead of being grateful for the help, she
criticizes the way it is done? That woman needs a reality
check about what is important in life -- the generosity of
someone who is willing to do her housework and watch her
kids, or whether her laundry is done to her specifications.
She owes her mother-in-law a hug and a thank-you, not
criticism.
-- WISH MY MOM-IN-LAW WAS STILL WITH US
ABBY: I have lived with the same problem for 16 years. My
suggestion? Stop regarding her helpfulness as criticism.
I used to think it was my mother-in-law's way of telling me
I wasn't doing my job properly. Maybe it was. Maybe it was
a control issue. Or perhaps she only wants to be helpful.
Who cares? Hide any clothes that need special attention
someplace where she won't find them. Then write 100 times
on a piece of paper, "She did the laundry so I don't have
to. Yay!" So what if her son's Batman underwear are in his
sock drawer? She'll find them ... eventually!
-- TINA IN VIRGINIA BEACH
ABBY: Years ago, my mother would come to visit our young,
busy family. She would drag out the ironing board and tackle
my overflowing laundry baskets. At first I was embarrassed,
then upset. It wasn't until I realized that Mom felt this
was her contribution to our family that I got smart and
became thankful. I would leave a small basket for her to
work on and hide the rest.
Now, whenever I'm standing over that same ironing board, I
can feel my mom smiling down and saying, "Do you want help
with that?"
-- MISSING MAMA IN MILFORD, MASS.
** This reminded me how I felt when I first got married, I would find things to be upset about with Mom M. That led to a lot of unpleasant feelings between us for several years then I realized that each Mom are different and I didn't want to have that relationship with her anymore, I started to look for good things in her and realized she has a lot of good things about and in her that I love about her. I am so pleased to say we have better relationship now than we ever did in past. When she comes to visit us, she helped us with laundry, dishes and watching kids for us. It was really helpful when she came in April and stayed two weeks with us. We miss her now that she has gone back home to NC. I'm hoping that I will be able to have good relationship with my future in-laws when my children get married like I do with Mom M..
~*~*~
Happy Mom's Day!!
Till then, M-
PS, Thanks to folks who sent me the emails that I had posted on the post. :)
Labels: Mother's Day










2 Comments:
That is a great blog. I hope you really had a day like you described. And I too wish that woman's mother in law was at my house. I'd go out and rent some kids for her to babysit.
Yes I sure did have a wonderful Mother's Day! When the kids woke up, they gave me cards and a teddy bear (from Ryan) and Bucky gave me a Mother's Day card saying I have his love everyday and Mother's Day is just a remind how much he loves me :) then we went to Sandy's house to meet Mom, Dad, Sandy, Robert, Granny and Gramps for bbq dinner. It was real good and enjoyable!
When we got back home from the dinner, Bucky and I spoke to Mom M. and we wished her a Happy Mother's Day.. We had mailed her a card but wanted to call her and say it once more. :)
:) M-
Post a Comment
<< Home