Better late than none for March :)
Hello Everyone!
Sorry it took me so long to post something for March.. We had been so busy since beginning of March till now. So I'm taking some time to post something :)
I started my new job at Insurance place on 27th of February and I LOVE my job! People who I work with are real nice and very eager to learn sign. A lady who works next to my cubicle is very eager to learn sign to communicate with me! I am real excited about this. I did enjoyed my job at JewelryTV before quitting to come to work for this Insurance place.. They both have pros and cons but I'm happy where I am at now.
On Friday March 2nd, after Bucky and I got home from work, we packed up the car and went to North Carolina to visit our other family and really had wonderful time visiting Mom, Bill, Tina, Brittany, Becky, Mom Mom, Pop, Uncle Randy, Aunt Linda, Paul and so on. It was real good to see them all cramming in only one and half days we had with them.
We got there Friday night about 9:45 pm and Bill couldn't wait to see us so he came over with the girls to see us at Mom's then took our three kids with them to sleep over at their new place they had recently moved to.
Saturday morning, Bucky and I went over to Bill's house to get the kids and we all decided to go to North Wilkesboro to eat at Mayflower seafood restaurant but were disappointed that they were closed till 3 pm. It was 1:30 when we came over and we had not had our breakfast so we all were starving so decided to go somewhere else. Mom suggested Fire Mountain, we had not heard of that restaurant so we went there and it was real good! The kids were excited about all selections they can have instead of having one choice. After eating our Lupper, Mom, Tori, Bucky and I went to Wal-mart to walk around as Mom wanted to get Ryan and Tori some things but they didn't sell that as it was a seasonal thing.. So we went to see Uncle Randy and Aunt Linda and Paul for a visit, Paul looked real good and he had a real big smile when he saw Bucky. It was really precious to see that.. Paul is paralyzed from an drunk driving accident (it's a long story that I may get into later) Bucky was drooling and wanting to ride a motorcycle as you all know we don't have one here for him to go riding on yet and Uncle Randy has a Harley Davidson bike. So Bucky got to ride for a little bit to make him happy. LOL! After our visit at Uncle Randy's, we went to see Mom Mom and Pop. As usual, it is always good to see them! We all decided to go over to Mom's place as she had ham cooking in oven and Mom Mom and Pop was hungry so we cut the ham for ham sandwiches. So the ham didn't get devoured till later in the evening because we all were stuffed from Fire Mountain..
Saturday night, Bucky and Justin went to see Trevor, Orry, Aunt Jean and Uncle Charlie for a visit while I stayed at Mom's with the little kids (Ryan, Becky, Brittany and Tori) and Mom :) We enjoyed a quiet evening at home watching kiddies movie..
Sunday morning came, Bucky got busy with moving Mom's bed from one room to another and Bill and Tina came so he got some help :) So it was really good visit for us since we had not been to NC since Mom Mom and Pop's 60th wedding anniversary dinner 2 years ago.
~*~*~*~
Happy Birthday to March Folks
Rev. Larry Potter- March 9 - Tennessee
Billy Taylor SR - March 12 - Virginia
Becky Woodard - March 17 - North Carolina
Zachary Mountjoy - March 17 - Virginia
Orry Carriere - March 17 - North Carolina
Trista Moore - March 18 - North Carolina
Wendy Allen - March 18 - Last known state was Louisiana
Yamka Mountjoy - March 25 - Virginia
Tammy Lentz - March 28 - North Carolina
Mom Mitchell - March 31 - North Carolina
Sandy Duncan - March 31 - Pennsylvania
Darill Fowler - March 31- North Carolina
~*~*~*~
I was reading blogs this morning and came to this VLOG.. I feel and think that lady really hit this perfectly! It is VERY important for deaf community to be able to come to unity on HOW we approach the community where hearing parents come to find their child is deaf and looking for information for their child.. We as a deaf community should not be "bashing" other communities because it will give them the bad impression of us. We need to come up with better way to educate others about the Deaf Community and how strong we can be.
When I was younger, I would be very defiant and say NO CI! NO CI! But as I get older, I realize that people should have choices. I definitely do not want CI for my own choice. When I took Tori to a E.N.T. Dr a couple of years ago, after we were done with the appointment he asked if he could ask me a personal question. I knew it would be about CI but I said sure, you can ask me a question and I will answer if I see fit. He said "What is your opinion about Cochlear Implant?" I told him flat out that "I oppose it BUT I respect people's wishes when they decide it's best choice for them. I do not feel that children should be implanted because their parents feel that their child would be better not knowing sign language and teach them only to use speech.. " He said he understood..
I believe that there is nothing wrong with variety of deafness in community, we shouldn't make any other deaf person feel inferior to us because of their choices of knowing how to speak, having CI, preference to listen to music and so on. I am VERY DEAF but I LOVE music.. I love lyrics and I love feeling beats even though I can't hear a squat.. I don't like feeling heavy metal music that my son listen to because it usually feel like scratching on chalkboard which is very annoying! :)
I hope we do come together and improve our presentation to world in general with many sensitive issues we approach between hearing/deaf world. Yes, I know the Deaf has been around for many many years as well as hearing but each generation approach something new and we have to continue to educate people without bashing them because it wouldn't work that way! It will just divide the worlds even more..
~*~*~*~
Bucky's anxiously looking forward this weekend as we are considering buying a motorcycle for him.. Will post picture of him on his new bike if we actually get it on Saturday. :)
~*~*~*~
Keep that in mind!
Daylight Saving Time start and end date changes
Beginning March 2007 ---
Year DST Begins 2 a.m. (Second Sunday in March)
DST Ends 2 a.m. (First Sunday in November)
2007 March 11 November 4
2008 March 9 November 2
2009 March 8 November 1
2010 March 14 November 7
2011 March 13 November 6
2012 March 11 November 4
2013 March 10 November 3
2014 March 9 November 2
2015 March 8 November 1
~*~*~*~
Curious about Deaf people in history?? You can read about many deaf people has had made their names important..
~*~*~*~
Enjoy your week! :)
Till Then, M-










2 Comments:
I was so glad to see this post. So many deaf people bash the hearing because they take it for granted that we feel as if we are better. I feel offended at that because I know you all and I also know that I am no better than anyone else.This also works both ways. I know alot of hearing people probably bash the deaf too. If I ever hear anyone bashing deaf people, look out. I will defend the deaf world and their culture forever and a day. I love sign language and wish I had chance to use it on a daily basis. I would learn and remember so much more. As it is, I will be happy with what time I have with you and your wonderful family. Please know that I love you and I cherish our friendship so very much.
Hello Vicki,
yes you are correct, Deaf even bash another Deaf because of their choices and beliefs.. I am sure that hearing people do bash other hearing people for their beliefs but it just divide us more. I think and believe that we should become united and be able to get that barrier broke down just because we believe in something different from others.. I hope and pray that I will be able to see hearing/Deaf, Deaf/Deaf, become united and empower each other to do better for the communities not only for the Deaf but for ALL communities..
:) Love you too Vicki! :)
M-
Post a Comment
<< Home