Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Month of May means whirlwind month..

Hello everyone!

It's May and it always means whirlwind month for me because everything is happening at fast pace and it has my month packed with events, activities and things to do before Summer vacation arrives for my children.

Got Ryan signed up and paid for his day camp which he will be attending for 5 weeks with Park and Recreation dept in Oak Ridge. He will have fun filled days while Bucky and I am at work. We won't need anyone to watch him because he can get quite a handful after a while :) He will start his first day back to school on July 16th.

We have not filled up the schedule for Justin and Tori to do through their summer vacation except trying to get Tori registered and pay for her camp at Tx School for the Deaf as she is hoping some of her volleyball teammates would be able to go. She would like to have someone she knows to go with her so she won't be in a camp full of strangers :) I can understand how she feels regarding that.. So hopefully we can get someone to go with her so we can finalize the plans for that. We will figure what to do with the remaining weeks other than the camp at Tx School for the Deaf for Tori.

May also means Graduations.. :) We got invited to go to a pinning ceremony for our dearest friend, Vicki last night and it was such a wonderful experience for us to see Nurse graduation. They had Nightingale's pledge and candlelight ceremony. Vicki looked so perfect as RN Nurse. She's made to be a RN and she did it! Way to go girl! :) I was really very proud of you for all you have worked so hard to reach this goal! I know your family are very proud of your accomplishment but not as proud as you must be! :)

Bucky and kids came to pick me up from work and zoomed to Morristown instead of me coming home after work to pick them up. I was so disappointed that we didn't bring the camera, I had asked Mom to tell Dad to bring camera but they got rushed in the moment and didn't bring the camera. that's alright, Mom and Dad but DRATS!!! So no snapshots from us :( Sorry Vicki!

This morning, Bucky and I decided to go grocery shopping as we have not been stocking up our shelves for a while now. We bought food just enough for a day or two which bring us to Wal-mart nearly every other day or so to buy our groceries.. So we decided to go ahead and stock up our shelves, so it won't bring us to Wal-mart so often and have the food available to cook when we come home from work. OH MY GOODNESS! THREE CARTS FULL of stuff to stock up and now our shelves in pantry and in freezer are really stocked with vegetables, food to cook for breakfast, lunch and supper from Wal-mart (2 carts) and Sav-a-lot (one cart).. So I think we will not have to go for a while (I hope!) :)

While we were arriving in parking lot at Wal-mart, a firetruck pulled in with light flashing. I thought someone had hit a pedestrian but as I walked by the site, found a lady who had fell down on the road walking over the speed bump with paint which has turned slippery during the rain. OUCH! So Bucky, Ryan and I walked in the "lobby" and they had three racks with clothes on clearance for 50 percent off, I saw a camouflage dress I thought Tori may like for $7.50. Ryan came to me and asked me for the shopping list so I gave the shopping list to him and he began to read the list and said "Mom, clothes isn't on the list" Bucky bursted in laughter and I looked at him and said I KNOW!! I wanted to slap him silly! He is a riot! :) But that was a funny moment for us.. We ended up spending 2 and half hours at Wal-mart getting food. WOW! I don't really like staying in store that long, I usually go in and look and get what I want and get out in short period of time but today was not one of those days! Walking through aisles to see what we need or want to cook for supper.. :) Wish we could hire someone to clean, cook and shop for us! So we won't have to do that LOL!



Again, Another month brings birthday wishes for May folks!

May 2 - Aunt Margie Wynn - Delaware
May 2 - Kenneth Daughtry - North Carolina
May 9 - Jennifer Foglesong - Tennessee
May 10 - Jerry Carver Sr, Bucky's Dad - Tennessee
May 15- Darlene Carter - Kentucky
May 18 - Bill Carver, Bucky's brother - North Carolina
May 20 - Ruth Bruffey - Tennessee
May 20 - Aunt Barbara Wynn - Indiana
May 22 - Ginny Duncan - Pennsylvania
May 26 - Cecelia Evans - Tennessee
May 30 - Nancy Jamison - Tennessee
May 31 - Christine Amberg - West Virginia

Happy Birthday to you folks!

Again if I forgot you, please do remind me and I will add you to my list. Thanks!

There will be a additional name on the May Birthday next year when Zaylee makes her entrance to this world sometime this month to Hedy and Debra Garner-Taylor. :) Can't wait to see our newest cousin..

I will close for now and try to post something in near future. Thanks for coming and checking the blog out.

Till then, M-

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, May 06, 2007, Blogger Vicki said...

It's okay that you didn't bring your camera. You were there, and that's all that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home