The Labor Day Weekend
I have to say Happy Anniversary to Bucky's grandparents in North Carolina! Mom Mom and Pop Mitchell is celebrating their 61st anniversary today! Happy Anniversary and many more to come!
It is fitting to be so busy on Labor Day weekend, It's not vacation!! :)
Mom and Dad had been asking certain group of people (Church and so on) and was not able to get anyone to come out and help with the removal of old window and put in new window.. So Dad finally decided to ask few friends to see if they would be willing to help and thankfully they were willing to help.. Ted White from Georgia, Danny Cochran and Dusty Smith of Clinton and two son in laws, Bucky and Robert got together and helped.. Sandy and I pitched in doing whatever we can do :) Needless to say, we were really WORN OUT! We got started around 9 am removing the old window then build a new wall as the window Mom and Dad had was so HUGE and they wanted to put smaller windows in.. So We worked on that till about 6 pm, SO TIRED! Mom and Dad decided to treat Danny and his wife, Ted White and us the Carver's family to dinner at mexician resturant in town..
Sunday, Sandy and Robert hosted Labor Day dinner at their house and cooked SPAGHETTI! YUMMY! They invited the family, The Carters (Vicki and Doug) and their 4 grandchildren, Clark Walker (Robert's former co-worker and good friend) so total of 19 people in their house! WOW!! The spaghetti dinner was so good, then we had carrot cake and white buttercream cake. Everyone was stuffed!
Here's the best part of this blog! PICTURES!!! :) Stay tuned..










2 Comments:
YEP so many people in the house.. But we had SO MUCH fun and enjoyed everyone over here.. at first I thought I had gotten in over my head to have 19 people in my house but everything worked out and I'm happy everyone enjoyed their dinner!
Except YOU did MOST of the cooking.. I was a bad host but still EVERYTHING was wonderful and I'm THANKFUL everyone came today!!
Next dinner.. THANKSGIVING!!!!!
Everything was delicious. I didn't think I wanted dessert but I'm glad I ate some. We're going to have to have a dinner here and get Doug's family to come up and you all can come and meet all the "snobs"! LOL Just kidding. They aren't snobs. But people have to talk about their in laws.
Post a Comment
<< Home