Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Thursday, August 17, 2006

GOOD NEWS!!

Hello!

Yesterday I had an appt at 11 am to see Manpower about data entry jobs they were posting on Knoxville News Sentinel that they were going to have job fair for.. So I got there at 10:45 am and waited for the interpreter to show up and unfortunately the interpreter was late due to traffic on I-40.. I usually plan ahead when I know I am going on I-40 because it seems whenever anyone goes on I-40, you will defintely be late! Anyway, the interpreter finally arrived by 11:15 am so we went in and I got started on application on computer then was going to do paperwork signing all the information for Manpower when I was told that it tends to take about 2 hours to go through the process and the interpreter was only scheduled for one hour.. And it was now 11:50 am, UGH! So we decided to set an appointment for today at 9:30 am and schedule another interpreter to show up for 2 hours..

I went back today and arrived there at 9:05 am and my appt was 9:30 am.. Mmm, gotta make time go fast so I went to bathroom, washed hands and got out and it was only 9:15 am! SHEESH!! So I decided to go ahead and get in and get started on my paperwork while waiting on interpreter, I was nearly finished with my paperwork when I looked at time and realized it was now 9:40 am and NO INTERPRETER AGAIN!!! SHEESH!!! So I emailed Goodwill who had made request for interpreter to show up at the appointment and inform them that the interpreter didn't show up yet. So by 9:45, the interpreter finally showed up and said "Sorry, stuck in traffic I-40, I left home at 8:45 am but got here late".. So I emailed Goodwill office and inform them that the intepreter showed up..

I went to post office to pick up our mail and got a letter from City of Knoxville saying I need to come on 29th for typing and written test for a job position I applied!! I am excited and HOPE that I do well on those tests to get an interview!! I hope to be able to work for City of Knoxville or something close to this type of position!!!

When I got home, I decided to call Knoxville Center for the Deaf who sent those interpreters to the appointment and told Janet Cheney that both interpreters were late.. I was told by Janet that the interpreter today had hard time finding the place and the phone number they were given to get in touch with Goodwill was in fact a fax number and they were not able to get information for interpreter to find the place.. Mmmmmmmmmmm........

:) Well, I am waiting to hear from Manpower to let me know what job assignments they will line up for me..

Till Then M-

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

Oh goody! I hope you get the job. I will be praying for you. Interpreters need to make sure they will be on time. Good luck and let me know as soon as you hear about the job.

 
At 12:25 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Supermonkey said...

Hmm...well if you could hear maybe you could take the interpreter's jobs away. Ha! Ha! All teasing aside they need to try harder to get there on time, especially when getting a job hangs in the balance.

Go Mary...Go Go! Go Mary. Know you can do it!

Love you very much :)

 
At 9:15 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Thanks Vicki and Robert!

:) I will keep you guys posted!

M-

 
At 4:01 AM, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do great on any test they give you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you don't get the job it will be because God has something better for you.
love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home