Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Our Precious Children..

After school, Justin arrived home with a big sketch book so I asked to look through it and I was impressed with some of his sketches.. I showed the book to Bucky and we went through the rest of it.. Justin said it was the book he drew on last year in his art class.. Some of his sketches are good but it is like he's Picasso and some sketches are really good like a portrait drawing.. I told Justin that he could use that talent of drawing if he enjoy it so much and to attend some art classes outside of school.. We will see how it pans out..

When Ryan arrived home, we left to go to T.S.D. for volleyball game Tori plays in.. We stopped by at Wendy's to eat our supper then arrived T.S.D. and the other team (Lenior City Panthers) has not arrived due to some accident on highway so they had to use other way to arrive T.S.D. Shortly after, the team finally arrived, Mom and Dad arrived so we sat down to watch and enjoy the game.. OH MAN! Tori really did very well. She was nervous about being in the game but she is a natural! She has the spirit of athlete.. The team did good even though they lost the overall game but they did won one game.. The games were all hot! Scores was close! Bucky and I am really proud of Tori and all players.. At end of the games, I told two girls that they all played well and Justine, one of the girls I was talking to, said she didn't play much and Tori played very good. I told her that it takes TEAMWORK to play together no matter if she didn't play much, she did her part and played, contributing to the team.. It is important that players all know that they all contribute to the game played because if they didn't play, the game wouldn't get played.. Of course, some were scared to "play hard" but with more encouragement, they may play with fire and do well. Even though, She's youngest one on the team but she can play hard as well as any of them. BUT the gym was VERY VERY HOT! I was sweating like a pig! Dang! Mom and Dad left as it was too hot for them and they took Ryan with them as Ryan was so restless.. :) So Justin, Bucky and I stayed until the end of game.. We will be planning on going to VSDB for Volleyball Mason Dixon Tournament.. So I'm gathering any information we can get regarding combo tickets, motels and activities planned so we can go and enjoy ourselves as well! :)

We left to go pick up Ryan from Mom and Dad's and was surprised to see Vicki and Doug at Sandy and Robert's house.. So we chatted with them for a while but by 9:30 pm, we really had to leave so the boys could get rest for school.. So we left and came home and went to bed! :)

We will wait and see what talents Ryan has and will encourage him to enrich his talents with whatever out there for him. We want our children to know how much we love them and how proud we are of them with their talents and hope they can do well with what they set out to do..

~Go Justin Go!~ ~Go Tori Go!~ ~Go Ryan Go!~

PS, Please keep Bucky in your prayers and thoughts today! He has a interview at 1 pm today.. It is for a company that Bucky really wants to work for long time and now they are giving him an chance for interview! So keep your fingers, toes and whatever you can cross for Bucky.. :)

Till then, M-

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

I'm glad Tori did well in her game. Maybe one day she can go to Olympics :) I know she was hot and tired by the time the game was over. Justin needs to pursue his artwork if he enjoys it. He could really do good at it one day. It was so good to see you all last night. Sandy had asked when I was coming over so I surprised her and came last night. I didn't know I was going to stay that long but when you all came, I was so glad to see you that I didn't leave until you did :) Hopefully, I'll have the pool fixed by the weekend and you all can come swimming.

 
At 2:51 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Yes, Justin needs to puruse his art if he's truly interested in it. He said he likes art when he's bored and want to relax so I don't know what he intends to do.

Anyway, Tori's name was in paper today!!! Granny and Gramps got Knoxville News Sentinels today and found Tori's name in the paper..

AT TSD
Lenior City def. TSD 25-21,25-21, 21-25, 25-15. LC- Amanda Byrd(14 points, 8 aces), Hannah Brown (13 points, 7 aces): TSD Jessica Webb (13 points, 4 aces), Tori Carver (6 points, 2 asts)
Records: Lenior City 1-1, TSD 0-1

I am proud of my children!! :)

We were surprised to see you at Sandy and Robert's but it was really GOOD to see you both!! :)

Love ya!

 
At 6:30 PM, August 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear that Justin is showing an interest in art again. I thought he was doing good last year. I can only imagion how good he is by now.
Way to go Tori... I know that must be scary being on the Varsity Team. I am really proud of her. Where are they having the Manson Dixon Tournment? I might be able to go too.
Sounds like Ryan was hot and tired too and I am sure he knew Nana and Papa would keep him cool. smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home