News to share..
Hello everyone!
Bucky had his interview yesterday and won't know the results till at least Friday or next Monday.. There are 8 people in total applying for the same job position so we will see if Bucky has the chance of getting the job..
I had my interview today at 10 am and I am HOPING I left a good impression.. I should be able to hear from them if I'm hired by Thursday or Friday.. So I really HOPE I am hired.. Mmmm.. Wait n see!
*****
I got a email that I wish I didn't have to get from North Carolina last Thursday.. It said one of my friend, Traci is in Chapel Hill hospital getting chemotherapy as she was diagnosed with leukemia.. I don't know the full details about what's going on or how long she's going to be in the hospital etc but I'm hoping to find out real soon. She has her husband and two young boys. I'm sure her husband and the boys are sorting out the chaos they are faced with.. Traci's Mom is there with Traci going through this chemotherapy..Please keep her and her family in your prayers and thoughts as they go through this ordeal.. I know they will appreciate that very much as much as I would appreciate from my readers..
This brought all the memories that my family has gone through when Ryan was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma.. It is a awful time to go through and I wouldn't wish anyone to go through this but unfortunately it happens every day to millions of families.. It's very important to have support of families and friends to fight this battle..
If you know of anyone who has cancer, ANY type of cancer or any serious illness, PLEASE go and offer to help them and their families. They may not want to ask for help, they may be in denial, BUT they DO need help, support and friendship in this time of their illness.. I know because we were in that position.. We were fortunate that we had both Bucky's and my families to help. A couple of Bucky's family friends donated money to help us with the costs of transportation and so on.. It really matter a lot to us at that time.. I will never forget the kindness that Ramona Gregory of Knoxville gave us when we were in PICU with NO money for our meals, she gave us a roll of quarters to be able to get something out of snack bars and drink machine and it helped until Bucky got his paycheck. It may not be much to her as she didn't know we were broke but it really helped us out.
Offer to help by bringing meals or foods to the families who are staying with the sick loved one, bring books to read, all those small stuff that doesn't have to cost so much leave the lasting memories..
*update* Traci has a carepage where family and friends can come and check the updates on her and post comments to brighten her day.. You can go to this website and you will have to register for an account to be able to view pages but not to create page if you don't need a page..
To visit the CarePage, please click the link below:
http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=TraciCooke
(If you cannot click through this link, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address window.)...
or you can use these manual instructions:
1. Go to www.carepages.com
2. Click "Visit a CarePage"
3. Register (first-time users only)
4. After you've registered, enter the exact CarePage Name below: TraciCooke
Please forward this e-mail to anyone who would be a meaningful partof Traci's support group.
*****
Till Then, M-










2 Comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her future is cancer-free. I realize how much it means to help someone, and you're right. They may not ask for help because they think they may need it later, but they need help the entire time. I will pray for her.
I am still praying that you and Bucky will get the jobs. I know you left a good impression. You do with everyone you meet. Keep your fingers crossed.
Yes, its going be tough on their family. My father in law passed away 6 months ago due to brain cancer. It is no fun!!
They are going need your support since you knew them personally. They must be lucky to have someone like you :)
gwlj
Post a Comment
<< Home