Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Our Saturday..

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday must be one best Saturday we have had in a long time!

Bucky had to go to school from 9 am till 1 pm to work on his project that's due this week and I was supposed to go to Jo Ann's store in Maryville BUT no babysitter in sight so I asked Dad if he would be willing to watch the kids for me.. He was willing to watch two kids for me so Justin and Ryan spent the morning with him going places.. Tori, Mom, Sandy and I had our Ladies Day Out! We went to Maryville mall to look at the sales Jo Ann's craft store had as they are closing this Wednesday. OH BOY! Mom sure had fun buying so much of things for so LOW price.. She bought stuff that would have been over 120 dollars but paid only around 60 bucks for it. Sandy bought approximately 30 dollars for hers and I paid only 18 dollars for mine.. We bought mostly fabrics/fat quarters among notions we needed..

BUT the funny part about the day was that we got lost! We have never been to Jo Ann's before so I got directions from Mapquest and the directions sounded so simple.. So we followed it BUT it didn't have the directions from the exit we took to the mall so we thought maybe it was just right there on that road we were at but NOOOOO!!! We were supposed to turn right and we didn't! Thankfully Sandy stopped at BP gas station and asked so we would not be wandering around so long.. We finally got to the mall but they had Mall on one side of road and Plaza on the other side.. We took Plaza but didn't find the store so we went over to Mall and found it. After our shopping at Jo Ann's, We went out of the mall area and was not sure which road we should take, Mom said to look for Lamar Alexander Pwy and Sandy found it. Mom said turn left.. So Sandy turned left and drove a couple of miles and saw sign said I-75 - 21 miles.. So we are home free!! NO!!!! WRONG!!! We were on wrong road! a couple miles down the road, I asked Sandy if she thought we were on right road.. She said I saw sign back there said I75 21 miles so guess it's right.. Alright... few miles down the road, Sandy said I think you are right, we are on wrong road and we found out we were heading into Lenior City which is TOTALLY opposite way of where we wanted to go which was to East part of Knoxville to go to Granny and Gramps' apt..

OH BOY! So we are about 30-45 miles away from where we want to go.. Geez, we finally got back on I 40 and drove through West Knoxville, Main Knoxville and finally East Knoxville BUT Sandy missed the exit we were supposed to take so we took the next exit and got back to the right exit and FINALLY arrived Granny and Gramps's apt.. Of course, Granny wasn't happy that we were two hours late.. We couldn't help it but we had so much fun laughing about it.. We walked in and saw Sandy Duncan, our cousin in Pa on VP with Granny so we waved our hello's.. Sandy took Gramps to grocery store and CVS to get things they needed while Mom and I stayed with Granny in the apartment.. Mom helped Granny trying to communicate with Tech Support trying to fix her VP as she continously had people trying to call her but sometimes they would get Dialing instead of ringing while her VP is actually on and not used.. So HOPEFULLY we got it fixed..

When Sandy and Tori and Gramps got back from the stores, we left and went to Cloth N Craft which is going out of business and will close approximately March to see what sale they had, we bought a couple of things but not too much as the prices was still high even with 50 percent discount.. hmph! So we went home after bought a few things from that store.. We were TIRED and HUNGRY so we went home..

Later that evening, Sandy and Robert went to Wal Mart.. I had actually thought about not going to meet them at Wal mart but then changed my mind and decided to get out of the house and went to Wal mart and did a small Christmas shopping.. :)

Today we went to Sandy's house so I could help Sandy make the fudges and HORRAY I MADE IT! I didn't fail like I did last year! :) Sandy actually changed her mind and thought about not making fudges but I nudged her to do it ;) I'm glad I did! :) So now she has those fudges to bring to work.. I think I will be making peanut butter and chocolate fudges this week and give to some neighbors as Christmas gifts and maybe some cookies or banana bread..

You see that we are getting a lot of stuff done! Whew~

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger Sandy said...

Yup we sure did have fun and I really look forward to having more days where we can spend time together and go shopping hehehehe :-D

 
At 8:16 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Vicki said...

I'm glad you all didn't stay lost. What would I do if you got lost forever? Now that school's over I can be online and chat more. And I'm glad you all got the fudge made right. I messed up some the other day and had to throw it out. :( But I made more tonight and it is SOOOO good! :) Hope Bucky does well with his project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home