Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm thinking of Family today..

Hello Everyone!

I had been out and around since 7:45 am and just got home.. Whew! I'm so tired! Time for nap but unfortunately it's almost time for Justin and Ryan to come home from school so no nappie time for me.. :)

Anyway, I was reading blogs and I am having "flashbacks" about families and I'm posting some pictures I DO have on computer and I do have some pictures to scan as soon as I can and will post it to the blog..

Time is really rushing through and now Bucky is having less days of being student and soon will be out and seeking for employment.. I don't know if he really realizes how proud I am really of his accomplishment of enduring being a student while being a full time Dad and husband and doing things that are required of him at home.. I pray hard for him to be happy with his future at his future job and be able to be content with what he has earned from his time at PSTCC.. I love him dearly!

The Wynn's and Pool's Family..

This was taken on Sandy and Robert's Wedding Day.. I posted this picture because I felt this was one of the happiest day for Sandy because she was getting married and having the family there with her.. I was able to be her Matron of Honor.. Sandy went through horrible 2 years after her divorce.. I felt this was a beginning of new chapter in her storybook. I'm so glad that Sandy and Robert found each other.. Robert's really gentle in the word gentleman..

Sandy and I have became closer to each other as we get older.. When we were young, we do argue and fought but we always made up and play dolls and talk.. I don't think we have really had much of space between us that we could spend weeks not talking.. We talk with each other everyday or every other day as possible.. We often talk 3, 5 or 10 times a day that I can't even imagine not having her around.. I love her very much and of course she has some things that irriates me but that makes her special to me! Runt, I love you very much!! You are my sister forever and always!

Here is the picture of Uncle Robert and Aunt Sandy with Ryan.. We were waiting at my house until it was time to go to the Civic Center for the birthday pool party for the kids last August.. When Ryan came over and sat with Aunt Sandy, Dad took the picture as it was ADORABLE!! :)

Kids loves the attention don't they!?


This was taken some years ago when Mom and Dad came with us to Norris Lake to fish and the pictures that was taken turned out beautifully!

the steam was rising from the lake and it gives the scenic look to it..

Ryan was about 4 yr old when we were there.. :)

Good picture isn't it!?

Now on to Dad's side of family..

Grandma Wynn with Justin when he was 6 months old.. We went to visit her one Christmas as her birthday was December 24th. One Christmas when Justin was 6 months old, we decided to go and visit Grandma for her birthday and Christmas and we enjoyed our visit.. Unfortunately for Tori, Grandma Wynn died 3 1/2 weeks after Tori was born.. So I was not able to take Tori to visit Grandma Wynn..

Here is my Grandpa Wynn.. I have fond memories of him taking us (sandy and me) around the farm looking at bunnies, chickens, pigs and cows and going through garden as Grandma and Grandpa would have a BIG GARDEN!! They grew enough to feed an army! He has a brown old jeep that Sandy and I would ride in the back and smell the stinky gas! LOL! He couldn't communicate with us because he has never learned to read and write.. He had been a coal miner for more than 50 years I think.. Even though he died when I was young, I always wondered what we would have talked about now if he was able to communicate with us.. I think my Dad is looking more and more like Grandpa..

Aunt Jewel and Uncle Sam- Uncle Sam has passed away this year and Aunt Jewel is in rehabilation center in Ohio.. I love Aunt Jewel as she has always been real good to us, keeping in touch with Dad.. She took care of Grandma and would come and spend a month here and there with Grandma and going back to Ohio to her house.. I want to go up and visit Aunt Jewel!.. I love you, Aunt Jewel!

Dad with his two brothers, Jerry and Charles.. Charles has passed away also this year.. Jerry and Charles lives in Kentucky near Corbin/London area (the last time I know..)

This is Dad's other deaf brother, Herbert but we call him Herbie, Herby.. He passed away this year also.. He lived in Kentucky all his life except brief time of trying living in Delaware when he was very young and he came back to live with Grandma and Grandpa Wynn and never lived on his own until Grandma died.. He was not able to keep the house in great shape so the family sold the house and he moved to Tennessee to be closer to his two brothers, my Dad and Ralph.. He's much closer to Ralph because they led same lifestyles until Uncle Herbert had so much of health problems and stopped smoking and drinking.. He was found dead in his apartment.. It was just a sad story really..

This is Uncle Murphy who I did a post recently asking for prayers.. As far as I know with the update I had gotten yesterday is that he had surgery and put drainage tube into his kidney so the fluids would drain and he did urine by himself so things are looking up for him! WHEW! He is the last brother in Dad's family and my favorite uncle.. He had lived in Indiana when he went on his own, married and later divorced with two children. He took his two children and tried his best raising his children, Elizabeth and Joshua.. He had unfortunate events happening which has left him unable to take care of the kids so the kids was passed from one brother to other until their Mom took them in. He has always tried to do his best for his children and he has tried to keep in touch with Dad via yahoo messenger..

I don't keep close in touch but she is also other aunt I love.. She used to live in Delaware and has moved onto Maryland.. She has three children; Linda, Esther and Dee Dee and has 4 grandchildren.. She was diagnosed with breast cancer while back and had mastcomy and I think she's doing pretty good but I have not been in very good touch with her.. I really need to do that especially when we have VRS!

I don't have pictures of next three brothers but I'm going to talk about them.. There is a brother, Ralph who lives a couple miles from Dad but we don't see him maybe a glimpse of him on the road somewhere driving.. We don't care too much about him because he is always drinking and cussing and fussing so it's not worthy of our time keeping our presence around him..

Dad also have another brother, Noble who lives just a house down from Grandma's house in Harlan, Kentucky.. He has been struggling with stomach cancer but I have not heard much about him in a while.. He has, I think 6 kids and bunch of grandkids.. Cant really say much about him because I don't really know him except his name and he's my uncle..

Uncle Junior lives in Paducah KY which is right at the corner of KY/Ill./Missouri.. He has two daughters, Pam and Rachel and a son, Steve.. I think he has two grandkids but not too sure..

This is Aunt Margie who married Uncle Elmer with Lisa holding new addition to the family, Dad's other deaf brother who had died years ago.. They have two children, Lisa and Kevin and now they have grown.. Here is picture of Kevin's new baby was born this year..

Kevin looks so much like his Dad, Uncle Elmer.. I was real young when he died but when I saw Kevin, I knew he looks so much like his Dad! They live in Delaware..

Here's the Pool's side of family which is on my Mom's side..

I looked at this picture and realized how much I missed Great Aunt Virginia and Uncle James.. I have many memories of them with those short time I have had with them.. I have loved Aunt Virginia from toddlerhood till now, I still do.. She's such wonderful lady even though I have found out years later that she didn't have a great life when she was younger but as she got older, she got wiser.. I still love her anyway because she has been great to me! She taught me to LOVE make-up and jewelries.. I don't use make-up anymore but I LOVE jewelries.. She would wear clip on earrings, necklaces, bracelets bangles and rings and I thought it was the way to look beautiful! :) When I was about 2 years old or maybe 3, I told Mom that I wanted to surprised Aunt V and I told her over and over and over so Mom thought I would go crazy if she didn't take me to see Aunt V So Granny and Mom took me to see Aunt V and I was so pleased that I get to see Aunt V and I calmed down.. LOL! Uncle James usually sit quietly with his cigar watching sports on TV and he would tell me stories about him being in Army peeling potatoes and he would talk about working for Coke or pepsi, I can't remember which one now.. It meant so much to me to be able to communicate with them both because they were deaf like me.. We could communicate freely.. Aunt V had plenty of advices and stories to tell me when Granny took us to visit them at their house before they moved to apartment.. I remember she would sit on her spot and have LONG slim cigarette in one hand and signing away! I often wonder if she had flipped the cigarette out of her hand and it went to someone's head..

This is the picture that Granny and Aunt V took at discount store when they were younger.. Granny is the one on the left and Aunt V is on the right.. They had a older brother named Jr..

Uncle Jr has only one daughter, Reba Jo who I have never met and don't know her personally.. Have seen some pictures of her and she favors strongly Pool's family facial features..

Aunt Virginia and Uncle James has 3 children; Sandy, Billy and Deanna. They have 6 grandchildren; Karen, Billy, Lily, Hedy, Ricky, Gary..

Granny only has one daughter, Lillian who is my mom :)

I didn't have the chance to know Uncle Jr as he died either when I was young or before I was born.. I have heard stories about him and from what I have heard about him is that he's very friendly and everybody loves him.. Helps a lot of men get jobs, etc..

Here's a picture of Grandpa Grover and Grandma Fannie.. I think Billy Duncan favor Grandpa Grover's looks..

This is Billy Duncan and his wife Helen with my Mom when they came to visit me at my house last September.. You can see that Billy does look like his Grandpa Grover..

This is Sandy Duncan and his wife Ginny.. They reside in Pa.. Sandy is very well known in PA due to his career choices and now is working with VRs in PA, won't be long before he retires and enjoy his time at home and doing stuff he may want to begin to do..

This is Billy Taylor and Deanna, Parents to Ridor and Hedor and Lily who are blogger like me and to Karen, Billy Jr and Gary..

They are proud grandparents to 4 grandchildren..

Here's pictures of my Granny and Gramps.. They have been married for 63 years.. I can't imagine lasting that long because that seems so far away from where I am at now.. We are going to celebrate our 15th anniversary in October 2006..

Gramps retired from Washington Post when he started having health problems and became sick.. He later had one kidney removed and has been doing well since then.. Now he's having small things here and there due to his age of being 86 years old.. He will be 87 in April.. Granny retired from working at the bank in Va.. They moved to Wendell NC as they had bought a house there and had rented the house to people until they were ready to live in the house themselves.. When Granny turned 75, her eyesights dimished due to macular denegeration and had to sell their house so they could move to Tennessee to be closer to us and for us to take them to doctors, food shopping etc. Now she's 83 years old and not fully blind. She's able to see people signing etc but she can't tell what color, facial expressions or know who you are until she knows your body shapes, clothes you wear..

Here's picture of my Dear Mom! As you must be aware by now, Mom means so much to me.. I have said it over and over and over on this blog.. You can see that, can't you?? :)

I am going to stop now and work on my next Family blog.. See you there.. M-

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Vicki said...

I love reading about your family. And the pictures are great. Can't wait for your next post. I wish I had pictures of my dad's side of the family, but that wasn't meant to be. Until next post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home