Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another Wednesday in Tennessee..

Hello everyone!

I am wondering at this point of the day how my Tori is doing in Georgia.. We dropped her off at Decatur GA for a 5 days basketball camp last Sunday.. Mike Glenn has a basketball camp for deaf children every year and this year is the 27th anniversary.. I know Tori will enjoy and make new friends but I just wished that she had someone who she knows there so she can have someone she can hang out with until she has some new friends to hang out with..

I felt so strange leaving her there because she has no one she knows there, Staff or students.. Even though I did see a couple of GSD students chatting up a storm in the lobby, I am hoping they will become friends of Tori.. We will know more information on how she likes the camp on Friday when we come to pick her up after the special event they are having Friday evening from 6 to 9 pm.. They will meet current and former NBAplayers, former Harlem Globetrotters players, Atlanta Hawk dancers, and so on.. I think they will have wonderful closing to the camp.

*****

Saturday, we celebrated early Father's Day dinner at Golden Corral with Granny and Gramps, Mom and Dad, Sandy and Robert.. We ate till we were stuffed! It was worthwhile! :) Then Bucky and I took Granny and Gramps to Wal-Mart to do their grocery shopping and brought them back home. We went and pick up our kids at Mom and Dad's and went home and to bed.. So we could get up early Sunday morning for the trip to GA.. :)

While we were at Granny and Gramps's apartment, Bucky saw there was a pick-up truck for sale so he went and checked it out. He was interested in the truck but we wanted to have hearing person to help us listening to the truck to see if it has any trouble etc. So I asked Vicki if she could come, she said yes she would come and bring her husband Doug.. So they met us at Granny and Gramps's apartment on Monday.. They said the truck sounds good so we bought the truck. Now Bucky is happy he has a truck after being so patient waiting for a truck! :) His next goal is to get motorcycle.. Mmmm... That has to wait till we get some of our credit cards paid off! LOL!

Bucky now is a proud owner of 1989 Ford Ranger XLT (it has seats in back so the kids can ride in the cab) and I get my car back! Bucky has been using the car to go work with as the van is not able to make the round trip without stalling.. So now I am happy I have my car back so I can go around town while Bucky is at work :)

**Vicki and Doug, Thank you so much for helping us out with the truck! We love ya both! :)**

I will have to ask Sandy and Robert if they can take a picture of the truck so we can post the picture here so you can see his new truck.. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 2 questions to ask of my readers..

Are you familiar with Childhood Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis in children?

Are you parents of child that is diagnosed with ADHD?

If you are, can you please get in touch with me as I would like to learn more about this. Thank you very much..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow, June 22nd will be 6th anniversary of Angel Scruggs, baby of Sandy and her ex husband David.

Please pray for Sandy to be able to get through the day as the day is usually the bad day for her to go through.. Also please pray for all women and men, who has miscarriages as it is not easy to go through it.. So many couples has been struggling with the miscarriage issues..

Thank you for reading my posts..

Till then, M-

7 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUP I'LL TAKE A PICTURE FOR YA WHEN U GUYS BRING IT TO CLINTON ;)

AND UMMM.. SORRY SIS BUT U GOT THE WRONG DATE FOR THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE MISCARRIAGE.. IT WAS YESTERDAY JUNE 20TH NOT THE 22ND

LOVE YA

 
At 12:34 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

OOPS Sorry Sandy! I always get the days mixed up between 20th and 22nd.. GRRRRRRr.. Your wedding date to David was on 22nd so I guess that is why I keep thinking 22nd.. I guess I should keep thinking 20th because you and Robert got married on 20th!!

Everyone, Sorry for my error :(

M-

 
At 12:38 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Patty said...

Mary, Anna was diagnosed with ADHD and was on meds for awhile..THen was rediagnosed with a Non Verbal learning disability. What would you like to know?? I may be able to help you. You can email me at mrsreed3@adelphia.net if you like.

I have a friend that has 2 children with ADHD and if I cant help you I can probably get the answer from her.

 
At 2:32 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Patty,

That is great! I think you will be a great help to me! Ryan is having hearing evaulation this afternoon then will have ct scan tomorrow morning to rule out stuff the doctor wants to rule out before diagnose him with ADHD.. The doctor said that some of Ryan's symptoms points to some learning disorder and some points toward ADHD and some points to his hearing so that is why Ryan is being referred to ct scan, hearing test etc before putting him on medication if needed..

Ryan is very smart but he has a unique learning skills. He's in small groups when he's doing math and language.. I will discuss little further with you on email when I hear back from the doctor.. So you can give me what you have learned and your suggestions.. :)

Thanks again! I'm glad you are able to help me out with this.. :)

M-

 
At 2:33 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:54 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Patty said...

Anna has a Non Verbal Learning Disability that has alot of the same characteristics of ADHD. I will be glad to do anything you need to help.

 
At 3:35 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

Please let me know how the tests turn out. Rebecca was diagnosed with ADHD and she was on Straterra for a long time. The dr took her off of it, as it had some bad side effects on some kids (not her, but we didn't want them to happen to her), and now she is fine without it. But before, if she didn't take her med, you sure could tell it. The bad side effects you read about are rare and probably won't happen, but they have to tell you anyway. So I think the medicine would be a good idea if he needs it. He is such a sweet little guy. But he IS very energetic. Oh...to have 1/2 of his energy...Wouldn't that be nice?? He'll be fine. Just let me know, OK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home