Voted, and the results..
Hello Everyone!
Bucky and I went to vote yesterday and was amazed that there were only three people including us in line to vote so it was real short and sweet for us to get our vote in! :) WHEW!
I voted and I feel good about my decision BUT unfortunately a few of my decision didn't help the candidacy to win.. For example, I voted for Harold Ford, Jr even though I am not too crazy about how he has done things but he lost to Corker. I voted for NO on marriage between Man and Woman because I understand the purpose behind it. I have respect for Gay and Lesbians wanting to have same rights as married people having insurance, being able to be with their loved one when they are sick in hospital, making decisions etc. That's something everyone wants to be able to have voice in their relationship when one isn't able to. I have several friends that are gay and lesbians, I also have family members that are gay and lesbian too and I do understand their desire to be able to be equals. Unfortunately, Tennessee was ahead on Yes instead of No by 81% to 19%. And many other states has similar results of not passing this law..
BUT I am so happy that Democratic is now majority in governorship! It's time to get it back to Democratic Party and have us clean up after Republician as always. President Bush has messed up badly and it's time for Democratic President in 2008! I just hope that it's someone real good!
If you want to see who donated to who/what, you can go to OpenSecret and go to Local tab and you will be able to view in your local area..
Till Then! M-










1 Comments:
Everyone has right to their opinions about issues.. The main thing is that you believe in what you want and God will make his final judgement, We can't make judgement here because it is not our place to do so. We only have to love one other and embrace every one as they are our brothers and sisters.
I respect those who voted Yes as well as those who voted No.. They expressed their opinion in voting booth and that's their rights no matter their levels of intelligence.. Our voice was heard even though we don't always get what we want.
:) M-
Post a Comment
<< Home