Hints for Christmas Shopping..
Hello Everyone!
As time get closer for Christmas shopping, you may have already decided what you want to get for your list but I wanted to share this with you so you guys can make a good decision on the gifts you plan on getting..
I know my children hates getting clothes for Christmas.. It's a requirement because I can't afford to keep buying them clothes every month or week so I rather to be able to give them clothes for School year and Christmas and some extras in spring for summerwear. Well, I try to give them an outfit or two so they can have something new to wear when they return to school.. :)
They rather to get something that they consider glamourous such as high tech stuff but it don't usually last.. For example, Tori and Justin got Nintendo DS unit and Justin lost his in few days after Christmas then Tori lost her few months later.. I understand the kids likes to keep up with the Jones's but in reality, it is not worth the "show" because it don't really last long.. I rather to invest in something that we actually will be using and benefit from it for a long run..
I dread the shopping ideas but I LOVE Christmas because of the spirits around Christmas.. Families getting together, FOOD, excitement of Santa Claus and the main attraction is Jesus's birth..
Till then, M-










4 Comments:
That's teenagers!!! give them the gift card that they can buy what they want. let them realize money is not everything they wanted for themselves! LOL. I learned from my parents---they gave me the card...i was thrilled and realized that i had a hard time to buy what i wanted. :-/
I agree Mary. Kids get too much stuff these days that they don't really need but they want because somebody else has it. Christmas is too commercialized. We all need to focus on the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I'm not getting the kids alot of stuff this year. Maybe one toy and a savings bond or something like that. Or something educational.
I agree that the true meaning of
Christmas is important. I admire your blog as well as your family, too. It has been sad about Ridor who seems not normal when he is so agruesive and oppressive as well as he seems very good at blaming people including Christians and non Christians. It is sadly sickening of him. I always enjoy your wonderful blog. Keep up.
Hello,
Yes, that is what I want my children to be aware of the true meaning of Christmas, of course have the spirit of sharing and kindness toward others..
About Ridor, I have heard this time to time.. He is my cousin and I love him even though we don't see things eye to eye. I like to give everyone respect and courtesy because that is what I would expect back from others.. I will stand for what I believe but I wouldn't want to force my beliefs onto others. I will make my beliefs known but everyone has their opinions and they have right to express it the way they would like to as long as it doesn't push anyone down for their belief..
Glad you enjoy your visit to my blog.. It is not filled with fireworks but something anyone can read and enjoy the soft mellow stories I come up with :)
Smiling, M-
Post a Comment
<< Home