Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Friday!!

At last!! May 5th is ALMOST here! Just a couple of minutes before midnight strike and Bucky will graduate at 7 pm!

So far, Bucky's Dad and his wife aren't coming, Bucky's Aunts, cousins on both sides of family are not coming, a few friends he invited will not be there either.. So far, we are waiting to see if Bucky's Mom and grandparents and brother along his family will be able to come in the morning.. My parents are in South Carolina for couple of days and go to NC beach for couple of days.. We invited 22 families (64 persons) and only 2 families are confirmed to be there, 3 families are supposed to come in the morning if not change any plans, along our kids and myself will be there totaling 15 people..

It is hard for me to watch Bucky putting a brave face when I know it really bothers him when he knows that majority of his family will not be sharing this day with him.

I gotta admit, I'm kinda of steamed with some of Bucky's family for not showing up to Bucky's graduation.. They are able to come to other events among the family such as housewarmings, weddings, birthdays, other graduations and go on vacations or such but they can't even come to Bucky's graduation or much less to call or visit him. We have came down for a couple of events so we could be part of the "celebrations" but anyhow, I know communication is the main reason.. It has always been like this and always will be.. There are couple of his family living less than an hour away and they can't come to visit him or come to his graduation because they can't afford the gas but they can afford to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina which is 6-7 hours away.. The Graduation is being held in Knoxville so it's like 30 minutes away from them.. Then nearly all of them have the guts to say, "come and visit us".. I wanted to say "What the hell are you thinking?? You can't come and visit us but we have to come and visit you!!!" But I usually just bite my tongue and say "I don't know, We will see whenever's good time.. " It is really sickening to me.. I have to grin and bear often because I don't want to hurt Bucky's feelings because I know he loves his family very much even though he have been disappointed again and again.. I know a couple of Bucky's family members do come and check our blogs so I'm trying to be venting nicely on this blog..

I will post pictures when Sandy and Vicki sends me the pictures.. My camera broke when the kids used it to take some pictures for their profiles and they broke it! AHHH!! Lesson to everyone, DON"T LET YOUR KIDS FOOL WITH YOUR STUFF!! :)

WIll update with the event of Graduation! :)

Till Then, M-

5 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

I can understand how you and Bucky both feel. If it was me, I wouldn't be so nice in my venting. I would say, "You can't come to our special events, so screw you!" (Pardon my French.)It was a lovely graduation and we all had such a good time. I'm glad his mom and grandparents made it in, even if his brother didn't come.

 
At 5:44 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Yes, Bucky and I was really happy that Mom and Mom Mom and Pop were able to make it!

We all had wonderful time! So it is going to be something we will remember for time to come! :)

Thank you for coming to the graduation and now we have yours to look forward to! :) Can't wait!!

 
At 3:28 AM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right to vent Mary!!!
Let me tell you Vicky, Bucky's brother really had car problems and he has been sick for a while also. He does love his brother and his family. I guess the other Carvers don't want nothing to do with my children and Thank God for that. I know they no longer have to be explosed to liars and closed mined two faced people.
Thanks Sandy and Robert, Vicky and Doug for the sharing your pictures. It was great seeing you all again. We enjoyed our delightful dinner out at Ruby Tuesday, of course I think Bucky probably drank too much ha ha (Dr.Pepper).
Thanks too for the ice cream. Looks like FL trip is cancelled. Vicky we will come over and invade your pool this summer. ha
love to all
Mom/Grandma/Doris

 
At 11:21 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said...

Actually, it's not only the Carver's I'm steamed with.. It's both families I'm steamed with.. No one in both families calls, visits us beside Mom,Mom Mom,Pop and Bill and his family came to visit..

But out of my respect and my love for Bucky, I am going to keep my mouth shut. This is only place I can vent because it's my journal..

I do thank Mom, Mom Mom and Pop for their determination to show up to the graduation and even though their car was giving them some problems..

 
At 2:37 AM, May 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know probably exactly who you are steamed at on the Mitchell side but let's face it. Ignore 'em you don't need them. But none of them live 45 minutes away and never come. It was better without the jerks anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home