Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gas discounts for Deaf??

I got this via email and I'm doing a post about this..

I believe that it is only fair that deaf and hard of hearing people of the
United
States should be offered special discounts when they buy
gasoline. The deaf in general suffer because they cannot enjoy the special
entertainment such as radio, they cannot use regular cell phones and must
suffer from that lack of choices of text messages devices such at t-mobile and
blackberry. Hearing people can get their cell phones cheap and have
many features that text messaging does not have.

Remember
deaf still cannot go to any movie at the last minute we have to plan all
of our events in advance. Now with the cost of hearing aids and other
devices becoming so expensive I feel that the deaf should be given this special
consideration either at the gas pump or on the state and federal taxes. It
costing the deaf too much of their income or pensions to survive these days and
it harder for the deaf to find, that part time job to help pay for the extras in
life.

Pass this along to your friends and see if they are
interested in having a petition and maybe we can get some political
help?

Alex



My opinion is No.. It would be really WONDERFUL if we can get discounts on gas especially with the gas prices.. I would rather for the gas price to go DOWN instead to get discounts.. There are so many other groups of people that will say they deserve this benefits and it will be a long winded road to come up with reasons why they should have discounts as well..

I just think that the gas prices should be able to go down BUT after seeing the news and realizing other countries are higher than America, I decided to stop whining.. Yes, it does hurts our wallets but we just have to make good judgements calls on where we need to go and use the gas wisely..

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

I agree with you Mary. Gas prices hurt everyone. But I do think text messaging devices should be cheaper for the deaf. All these things that the deaf need for communicating, getting up on time, etc, should be free or drastically discounted for the deaf. The hearing world isn't fair to the deaf world. In many different aspects. Jobs for instance. Deaf people are just as smart as hearing people. They just aren't given as many opportunities in the job market. NOT FAIR!!!

 
At 3:42 AM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the deaf deserve every discount possible. Your electric bill is always higher. All the modern equipment you must purchase to stay mainstreamed in the hearing world is unreal. Deaf people are a minority. It makes me mad because hearing people with so called wonderful education, don't have enough sense to realize, Deaf people can't hear!! This does not affect their brain cells. Deaf people are good workers when given the chance....because hearing employers are too stupid to realize the hardest part of working with a deaf person, they might have to read or write a note. duh............HERE'S YOUR SIGN DUH.............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home