Hello Everyone!
I went to Physician plaza in Knoxville for my hearing test this morning to give VR the documentation that I am in fact really deaf.. So I am hoping tht I will be able to get a bit of assistance with job hunting and be able to work somewhere soon. Bucky is on job hunt as well.. So far, no luck.. Still waiting and trying anywhere and everywhere we could think of that would make his degree useful.
Don't you hate this, going to college for the major you want to work at when you get out of college just to be working somewhere else and has nothing to do with your degree. I have noticed a lot of people going to college and not working in that field. I think it is kinda stupid to have college degree if you can't get job with the degree.. Having the degree should at least guarantee a job!










3 Comments:
You had to PROVE that you were deaf? That sounds kinda stupid to me. Wouldn't the schools you attended be proof enough? I know what you mean about the degree thing. I'm afraid that's gonna happen to my son when he gets his degree in accounting. I think mine will be okay since I'm already in the medical field. Hope so anyway. I'll be praying for both of you to find jobs and that his will be in computers. I told him he could use me as a reference.
Vicki,
I doubt that Doug Jr will have any problems because he's veteran from Army, and he can hear.. Not many people want to hire a deaf person because they don't know how to deal with having deaf employee.. Not to bash hearing people but it does happen..
For example, When I applied for job at JcPenney's not too long ago and had a interview with them. I could see at the first minute the lady who interviewed me was not able to overlook my deafness.. The interview only took about 5 minutes and she said she had to look for the manager but the manager was unavailable so she said she would call me back.. When I finally got a hold of her and she said they had hired someone else..
During my Christmas shopping at JcPenney's I met her on the floor, she had the uneasy look on her face when she realized it was me she tried to act like she didn't see me but she knew I saw her so she turned back to me and waved then walked away..
It just depends on how open minded the employers can be with employees who has different needs than themselves.. Bucky had one boss that was SO WONDERFUL with his deafness. She didn't care about his deafness and was willing to let him have his run in that place that he could work in different departments without restrictions and that was Ellen Jessop. Unfortunately the people in adminstration was doublecrossing, backstabbing each other and pushed Ellen out of the position or something like that and she had to leave the company..
IF Ellen has a company nearby, Bucky defintely wants to work for her and her two sons, Rodney and Ricky Dean.. They were the best to work with..
M-
BTW, They wanted to confirm my deafness.. I may have gained some hearing after graduating from deaf school? NOT! LOL!
The doctor said I had no hearing that they wouldn't recommend hearing aids for me. LOL!
That's meaning of STONE DEAF!
Post a Comment
<< Home