Emails, Stuff to share..
Got this via email.. Mmmmm
****
Keep your Vanilla Butt out of Chocolate City
Did he ever stop to think that:
99% of the people who come to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and pump money into their restaurants and hotels are VANILLA?
99% of the people who come to New Orleans for tourism and fill up their restaurants and their hotels are VANILLA?
99% of the people who travel to New Orleans for large conventions and utilize catering services, rental cars, hotels and visit Bourbon Street and all tourist attractions are VANILLA?
99% of the money being pumped into the "Chocolate City's" economy is coming from the pockets of VANILLA people?
Without the money brought into New Orleans by VANILLA people......Where would the "chocolate" city be?????
I say if Nagin wants his city to be all chocolate......Then let's give it to him..... Let's take our VANILLA money elsewhere..... We can put our VANILLA money into Biloxi and Gulfport..... You never hear those people complaining about the devastation they suffered during Katrina......And you sure don't hear them calling their city "chocolate."
So keep your VANILLA butt outa tha chocolate factory......lets see if they can make it without our green dollars.....
*****
This is funny. YOU fill in the blanks about ME and send it back to ME. But first send a blank one out to all your friends, including me, so we can return the favor to you. I'll be honest -- they're really SCARY to get back. It only takes a few minutes, so just do it!!!!
1st: Send (forward) this Survey to everyone you know to see how well he or she knows you. 2nd: (reply) Fill this survey out about the person who sent it to you and send it back to them.
Your name:
Where did we meet:
Take a stab at my middle name:
Do I believe in God:
How long have you known me:
What was your first impression of me upon meeting:
When is my birthday:
Color of my eyes:
Do I have any siblings:
What's one of my favorite things to do:
Do you remember one of the first things I said to you:
What's my favorite type of music:
What is the best feature about me:
Am I shy or outgoing:
Am I single or attached:
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules:
What's your favorite memory of me:
What do I want to be when I grow up:
Any special talents:
Would you consider me a friend:
If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be:
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what one thing would I bring:
*****
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your ATTITUDE!"
-I got this from one of quilter from quilting mailing list and I thought that was real good quote..
*****
This photo was taken back in late 70's or early 80's.Those two ladies had left a mark in my life as I get older, I can't forget them..
The one holding Sandy, my little sister (Runt) is Leta Smoak and the other lady looking at Sandy is Laura Pucci.. They both were good friends of my Granny/Gramps as well as family.
Growing up and looking up at them, they were always dressed neatly in dresses and very proper in their behaviors. Mrs Pucci didn't have children of her own, Leta has I think two or maybe three children and I only remember Homer because he was also deaf. He was murdered but I just don't know why he was murdered or what had happened to him excatly that led to his death.
When I was looking through some pictures that Sandy had in her box yesterday and we came to this picture. I wanted to scan it and post about this.. I don't see ladies being so proper like those two ladies among ladies I know nowadays.. In fact, I think we all have gotten to be so rude and stepping out of boundaries because we THINK we have the right to do so.. I often wondered if the people who had died has rose back to life and look at this world and what we have gotten to be and I wonder if they would say, SEND ME BACK TO MY CASKET!
There are pros and cons of people nowadays, we are able to be outspoken but I think some people have abused that ability of being outspoken. Some issues are worthy to be fighting for but not every issues that are coming up. I feel and think that we can get much done without being rude, being loud and being narrowminded.
But again, we are living in this world that we have built.. So we have to remodel! Definitely!
*****
Today Bucky, Tori, Ryan and I went house-hunting with Bill and Tina trying to find a house that they would be happy to move into as they are wanting to move to Tennessee.. So far, we have found two houses that they liked but they are not totally happy with some features but it may have to do until they are able to get something better.. So we will see how things goes after the landlords do their references etc and get back to Bill and Tina.
Will post about this later.. :)
*****
We are now getting so close to finishing first month of January! Time sure flies! Nearly time for SUPER BOWL! I don't like watching football that much but I LOVE all those commericals that comes on during Super Bowl! I like to see which commerical is better and which is so stupid and which is the funniest! :)
Also it meant our Mexican feast is getting so close!! YUMMY! Can't wait! :)
Smiling, M-










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home