Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sandwich Generation

I found this url after cruising on the MSNBC.com and I know I'm not one of the baby boomers but I am, in fact, sandwiched 3 way for my time not money actually.. I have to raise my three children as well as help my parents when they need my assistance and also help Mom take care of Granny and Gramps, being a wife to my husband and trying to find employment.. It's not a easy job to tackle but I have been doing this for a while now..

I am grateful that my Honey has been real good with this. He helps out whenever he can and whatever he can do is real a big help! He helps out by taking Granny and Gramps out to run errands when Mom and I can't. Thank you very much, Honey in case I have not said it lately.. :)

I really am grateful that I am able to do this for my family but at times it does get old. I do get tired and frustrated with the "sandwich" issues.. But then I get my thoughts straight, I love them dearly and want to be able to do whatever I can for them..

It is bit diffcult not to do anything, I think because my grandparents, parents are deaf and deaf family tends to be close-knit but not always true in every family. BUT in my family, we are very close and pretty much know almost everything about what's currently going on with each other.

Bucky's side of family is all hearing so we are not really tagged with any sandwich generation as they all live far away from us except Bucky' baby brother, Bill and his family are preparing to move up here shortly so we will have them living closeby. I don't think we could handle being sandwiched by both families as it is hard enough just to be able to do many things..

I have talked to another deaf lady who has deaf parents as well as deaf son and deaf brother, after our discussions on VP and we realized that we are feeling the same way, being sandwiched.. So I know it's ongoing thing that is among us the younger generation (30's) as well as those baby boomers..

Till Then, M-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home