Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Trading My Sorrow

Here's another song we do sing at Church. I love this song..

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

Yes Lord
yes Lord
yes yes Lord

Yes Lord
yes Lord
yes yes Lord

Yes Lord
yes Lord
yes yes Lord Amen

I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond the curse
For His promise will endure
That His joy is gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

Yes yes Lord amen
Yes yes Lord amen
Yes yes Lord amen

4 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, August 29, 2004, Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks Sis for posting this song.. this is one of my favorite songs at the church.. usually makes me get very emotional inside and makes me wanna hide and cry hehe.. Thanks again :)

 
At 12:07 PM, September 01, 2004, Blogger Vicki said...

Hey Squeeky, Usually when I feel like crying at church, I feel like it's the Holy Spirit touching me. And I just go ahead and cry. So cry, you'll feel so much better.

 
At 12:08 PM, September 01, 2004, Blogger Vicki said...

I can't believe I just called you Squeeky. I meant Sandy.

 
At 6:47 PM, July 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Vicki,

I cry at Chruch too and I'm wondering why that is. It's usually during prayer and it's not because I'm sad or that anything bad is happening. It's just a very beautiful feeling I get and it's completely spontaneous. Is that the Holy Spirit touching me, like you said? I don't usually cry (I'm a guy), so if you could give any insight as to why I cry spontaneously during prayer at Church, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks,
Omar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home