Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcoming 2006!

Hello! This is my first 2006 post! Not a copy and paste thingy I did previous :)

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a wonderful welcome to 2006! We got home from the cabin around 1 pm Sunday and was SO TIRED to do anything so I waited till now to come and post :)

The weekend at Cabin was real nice! We tried to relax as much as we can BUT we came home TIRED!! LOL I guess we didn't know how to relax the right way! LOL!

Friday morning, at 7:30 am we left home to go to Mom and Dad's and we left clinton around 9 to go on to G'burg and arrived at 11:30 after making a few stops on the way, of course! We unloaded the vechiles then head on to Ma's Kitchen to meet Bucky's side of family as his Aunt Donna and Aunt Sue owns the resturant. We sat down and had lunch there and chatted with them.. After visiting them, we went to look at the stores near Ma's Kitchen and of course, we got hooked on the hammock they had on display so we bought one.. We wanted to buy 6 but can't afford it all at same time as it was selling for $89.95 each.. Came back to the cabin to relax for a while, napped etc until around 6:30 pm when Bucky, Justin, Tori and Dad went back to Ma's Kitchen to visit and met Uncle Larry and Aunt Kathy so they chatted while Mom, Ryan and I stayed at cabin relaxing.. Mom and I played canasta but didn't keep the scores.. IF we were, I would have whupped Mom's butt! LOL.

Bucky and the gang came back to the cabin instead of going to see if Sandy and Robert has arrived at the destination where we were to meet them as Sandy said she would be there around 9 to 9:30 pm and it was only 8 pm. That was a big mistake! Sandy and Robert arrived there at 8 pm and had to wait one hour for Bucky :( Well, They finally got to cabin after Bucky meeting them and led them to the cabin in dark..

We sat down and chatted, played card games then went to bed.. Oh! I nearly had heart attack while sleeping.. Sandy and Robert had brought one of their cat, Monkey.. Well, During the night he decided to jump on my bed landing on my chest while I was sleeping. I jerked up because I was scared! Dang that cat! He's lucky that I didn't break his neck! LOL!

Saturday- Bucky's Papaw was supposed to meet us at Ma's Kitchen Saturday at 11 so we got the kids ready and went to Ma's Kitchen and met Papaw and also met Andrew.. OH BOY! Andrew really did grew up! He's 17 and driving! Last time I saw him he was not driving and shorter! Papaw looked good so we just sat down and chatted, catching up with some of the family news.. We were talking about how much Justin looks, acts, talk and sounds like Billy and how much Billy looks like Papaw Carver.. So I guess it's the Carvers genes in boys.. :)

OF course we had some pictures taken.. Will be posting that also..

After our visit with Papaw Carver, we went back to cabin and relaxed some more, lying down for some nap before leaving the cabin for Dixie Stampede as we had to be at Dixie Stampede to pick up our reservation tickets at 4:30 pm. So we used that time between 4:30 till it was time to go in the "waiting room"taking photos outside.. Then when we went into that waiting room, there were 4 guys playing Christmas songs using violin/fiddler, guitar, banjo and I think a cello.. We sat at the section A which is the first section all the way in front.. It was alright but I liked section G when we have deaf awareness day at D.S. would as it has broad view of the stage.. The show was beautiful and fun! For Christmas, they didn't have North or South side but used North Pole and South Pole.. I thought it was more fun that way.. By the way, NORTH WON!!!! :)

After the show, we went home to cabin and started our refreshments as had to cook some of those refreshments.. I was actually hoping that we would go through Pigeon Forge looking at Christmas lights but that didn't happen.. Bucky and I had not been able to go look at Christmas lights in G'burg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville in a couple of years so when I knew we were going this weekend, I told Bucky I wanted to be able to go through the town but unfortunately we were not able to.. Bucky offered to take kids and me through the town but I told him no as it was waste of time as we would be going back the same way when we lead Robert to the cabin then go back the same way we went to go back to cabin.. So I was really disappointed that we couldn't enjoy the Christmas lights.. Anyway, about the refreshments, we didn't eat much because we were already full! LOL! We played a couple of King Corner card games then started to play Monopoly.. After a couple of runs around the board, I gave up playing as I was in so much of pain.. I had been having a lot of back pain for a week and the weekend it started to get worse so I went to lay down and I fell asleep and slept till 11:30 pm. Bucky and Tori woke me up so I came to living room and joined the countdown, hugged and said Happy New Year! then went back to bed..

When I woke up Sunday morning to find out Sandy and Robert was ready to go out the door heading home.. GASP! They were leaving and we haven't started to clean up and get stuff together so Mom, Dad, Bucky and I got started on cleaning up the cabin and got our stuff together and put them in our vechiles (car and truck) and left around 11:30 am.

Mom and Dad went on their own, We stopped by to see Aunt Sue as her house was just less than a mile from the cabin and we were passing her house so wanted to say good byes.. Stayed for about 15 minutes or so then we left and saw Aunt Donna and Uncle Kevin leaving Church walking toward their van so we pulled over and said our good byes.. Aunt Donna wanted Justin and Tori to go and spend the weekend with Andrew and Katie so we will be dropping them off this Saturday.. :) Finally we LEFT and arrived Mom and Dad's house to pick up a couple of things they had in their truck that belongs to us. We finally arrived home at 1:30 pm VERY TIRED but really had wonderful time and enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm going to post some pictures later as I'm using laptop posting this and PC upstairs has the pictures :) so I will post more pictures later but here is the pictures that was taken by Dixie Stampede's people..



The whole family posing together.. We stood in front of GREEN wall and when the pictures were printed, there was two different backgrounds, this snowy background and other was in front of fireplace which I will post next..





I think I like both backgrounds but the snowy background with us without coats looks so fake! LOL We should have our coats on with that background.. Justin is only one that had his coat on.. We all took off our coats when our turn came..





More pictures to come later..

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Vicki said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Sandy sent me some pics she had taken and I said "You took the cat?" Oh well, I think somebody was afraid of mice or rats. Anyway, I'm so glad you got to bring in the new year in a place away from home where you could relax. I hope your back is better. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home