Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas has arrived!!

Hello Everyone!

The long waiting period has been eliminated!! It's CHRISTMAS EVE!!

* Update* CHRISTMAS DAY ARRIVED!! I had to save this post because I wasn't finished and had a VP call.. So here I am..

Yesterday was a wonderful day for us all!! Mom and Dad came out here around 11 to help me finish up the cooking but it wasn't that much to do! Whew! Sandy and Robert arrived with Granny and Gramps around noonish..

The food was ready so we said our prayers and thanked the Lord for this special day where we are celebrating Jesus's birth.. Then we gathered our choices of food.. We had 12 cornish hens, 8 lbs of ham, 1 lb of turkey breast loaf, twiced baked potato, corn casserole, shellie beans, macaroni n cheese, dressing along with rolls.. OH BOY! We were very stuffed and had to wrap up some food for leftovers! LOL!

Bucky and Sandy thought it was better to go ahead and open the gifts before we had our desserts because we were very stuffed so we cleared the table and set up chairs for the gift opening and WOW everyone had good stuff to get for Christmas.. I think everyone is pleased with their gifts..

Gifts that has been given out was TV, 2 jar openers machines, 2 crock pots, toaster, cookies, several shoes, clothes, money, toys, pot holders that I was making that I did told you guys about, playing cards called Swap and also Yu Gi Oh cards for Ryan and Magic cards for Justin, 2 hot irons, earrings, puzzle, 3 sets of 6 indivdual salt and pepper shakers and haircut set and I know I am missing some but we all have gotten plenty of gifts!

Well Guess what!! After we were done opening our gifts, everyone was ready to go HOME!! Not many wanted to stay to have desserts! Sheesh! BUT we managed to get some pies and cake cut and distributed!

NO ONE stayed to help with the washing dishes!!! HMPH!! LOL!! Mom and Dad had to go Church, Granny and Gramps wanted to go home before it rained and get dark so Sandy and Robert took them home and went home to open rest of their gifts privately.. Bucky and I did the washing dishes and tidy up the house putting Sandy and Robert's gifts along Mom and Dad's near door so Mom and Dad returned after Church and picked up their stuff and it was RAINING!! So Dad hurried home and got the stuff in house before it all get soaked wet as he has a pick up truck and no place to put them in the truck but on the bed of truck! Whew!

In all, we all had wonderful time with the family here eating and chatting etc.. At 9 pm we sent the kids to bed but of course, they didn't go to sleep till about midnight! FINALLY they went to sleep so we got the Santa's gifts out and placed them under the tree and went to bed at 2 am..

I couldn't sleep very well because I kept waking up to check on the kids to make sure they don't sneak off and open all gifts! Amazing enough they didn't wake till Justin woke up at 9 and got us up.. Ryan was tickled to get more TOYS!! Justin and Tori got more clothes, of course!

Now, I have tomorrow to look forward to! NOT!! I have to take a couple of clothes back to store as those clothes doesn't fit Justin! I was surprised! I thought he wore those sizes but surprised me that those clothes didn't fit him! AHHHHH.. bigger size now! Just to think about going through the After Christmas Sale is enough for me to stay home! LOL!

Hope everyone have a wonderful and safe Christmas! We have one more holiday to look forward to, Happy New Year! Oh, that's not one more because we have MLK's Day, Groundhog's Day, Valentine's Day, President's Day, St Patrick's Day, April's Fool Day, Passover, Good Friday, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas all over again!! Ummm, thank goodness that not every holidays is as big deal as Valentine's Day, Easter, July 4th, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year where we spend a lot of money.. :) However we should do something special on those holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day and Veteran's Day..

Smiling! Have a Merriest Christmas and Happy New Year! BE SAFE!!
M-

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Vicki said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a house full and lots of presents. And all that food! I had a housefull today as well, 15 people. Everybody running over everybody else. Well, I'll put that in my blog. Hope you got pictures to post. Now you can look forward to cabin in Smokies! Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home