A tragedy to make us grateful
Such a tragedy to bring me to my senses of gratitude of having my children being safe. When Bucky had paged me from his class and Sandy paging me at same time telling me about TSD had a car accident. Bucky wanted me to find out if Tori was in that accident so I decided to call. Since Tori has basketball practices and games, she is able to stay at cottage only on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights.
The cottage phone was continously ringing, I got worried and asked Sandy to please call the guard at TSD to find out if Tori was on the list and they said no. I was relieved but Bucky wasn't not satisified so I called the school again and spoke to supervisor and they said Tori was safe at school.
I was thinking, oh boy I'm so glad Tori was not in that van but I do feel for those children and the staff having to endure that experience. This morning when I found out that the girl who had critical condition had died, it made me thank God for letting me have Tori being safe at school. I wanted to get Tori out of school and bring her home to be with me but I decided to let Tori make that decision and she didn't call home.. I was kinda of sad that she didn't want to come home. I understood she wanted to be with her friends though.. At 10 pm, she called and said she was scared and wanted to come home.. I felt real happy that she wanted to come home and be with us.. I am looking forward for her to arrive home with her Dad so I can give her a hug and tell her I love her.. I will have to keep in my mind when she has her bad days that I am grateful to have more time with her..










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home