Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mary's Blog!


powered by Bloglet
Locations of visitors to this page
Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Surprise

We got a real nice surprise at our Dedication services..

I had decided to send out invitation to Bucky's Dad, Bucky's Papaw and his wife, Bucky's Aunt Donna and family and also to Aunt Edith and Aunt Sue.. They all live in Sevierville, Tennessee except for Bucky's Dad who lives near Nashville, Tn.

We didn't expect any of those people to come as it has been pretty while since we last saw them and we were really surprised to see Papaw and his wife pulling down the street. It was really exciting feelings that they actually came and shared the special day with us.

Billy's girls has never seen their great Papaw so it was wonderful for them to see each other.



1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a nice blog site until I reached the part where you felt compelled to state your opinion that hearies should not be teaching ASL. The fact is, they ARE often qualified to do so. And another fact is DEAFIES most often do like LIKE to accept jobs teaching ASL because it's never full time and, yeah, the pay stinks! I know because I have MANY Deaf friends who have the opportunity but decine it. I only have ONE Deaf friend who applied for such a job and got it instantly, by the way. That's why you don't see a whole lot of complaints from Deafies that they're applying for those jobs and being turned down for them in lieu of them accepting a hearing person. I teach an ASL at a private school and feel I am qualified to do so! I have TWO Deaf teenage children, and I want as many people to learn ASL as possible. There were NO Deafies applying for that job at $40 per week! And by the way, the only reason I came across your site is because WE, TOO, are a "Deaf family" that just got a Habitat home built. Are these the types of comments you mentioned earlier that were "hurtful" and prompt you to BAN comments from your "interactive" web blog?? Understand that if you want people to take the time to read your blog, they're not doing so just to READ about YOUR life's diary, but rather to INTERACT with them -- that's why blogs have comments! Nobody is THAT bored to just sit there are read about YOU and not participate in it! And if you can't accept comments that you don't agree with, well, then you shouldn't have a BLOG in the first place -- when you state your opinions on things in a blog, you have to be mature enough to post OTHERS comments about the situations you're discussing whether you agree or NOT. That's what a GOOD BLOG does -- let's you communicate to the public, while at the same time letting the public communicate with YOU and THE OTHER READERS. (t)sk, (t)sk, (t)sk!!!......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home