Introducing myself..
Hello everyone,
I thought it would be nice if I had introduced myself to those who don't know me, and those who know me might learn something new..
I'm Mary Carver.. I grew up in a small town in North Carolina, Wendell then moved to Knightdale then moved up to Raleigh. I attended mainstream program when I was younger in Cary then I went to Eastern NC school for the Deaf in 1980 until my graduation in 1990. My husband Bucky (Jerry Carver Jr) and I graduated together and we went our own ways to colleges, He went to NTID and I went to Gallaudet. For several reasons, we left and came back home, got married and had been married for 12 years and we will celebrate our 13th anniversary in Oct.. Time sure flies quickly! When I was younger, when people state how long they have been married I always thought it seems to be like a century or something. But here I am going into 13 years of marriage and it seems like it was yesterday when we got married.. And that makes meIrealize that 14 years ago, I graduated from ENCSD uncertain what will become of my life and now I can say I'm Mom of 3 children who I am very proud of..
My children,
Justin who is turning 13 on August 17th is a 7th grader.. He's anxiously starting a new school and making new friends in new neighborhood.. He enjoys medivals times themes, He loves reading about magic and watching Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. He is also a clown in our Church ministry. His name is Bonkers 4 Jesus.. He attended his first clown conference in Missouri last March and he really enjoyed it very much. He was scared at first because it was his first trip long way from home without Mom and Dad but nonetheless he enjoyed himself. Of course, He's entering teenager years and he's drooling over girls!! I have to put leash on him and keep him in fence! LOL!
Tori (Victoria) who is turning 11 on August 26th is a 6th grader and doesn't have to change schools like all other deaf children.. She's very athletic but shy at times.. She enjoys playing volleyball, basketball, baseball and she is considering playing soccer if there is a team for her to join at T.S.D. She loves Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen girls and she likes their clothing. She is anxiously looking to attend Gallaudet or NTID when she graduates from T.S.D. and have her own place..
Ryan who is turning 5 on August 12th and started school early this year as a kindergartener.. He doesn't like school very much because he has to learn to write! Ha! He loves to stay home and watch Yu Gi Oh! shows on TV.. He LOVES Spiderman and Yu Gi Oh! He carries around stack of Yu Gi Oh cards and he would have a nervous breakdown if he misplaced them.. He also has been in remission from Neuroblastoma cancer since January 2000.. He doesn't even remember anything from those days of being sick with cancer.. Thankfully! He has scars to prove his battles but when you ask him, What happened to this? He would reply, I don't know.. One of those days, he will know the full story of his infant days..
I love those children so much and cherish every day I have with them even though there are days I have been driven up the wall..
I am also a consultant for Home Interiors & Gifts and Tupperware.. I sell to deaf and hearing communites in East Tennessee as well as other places.. I have been selling Home Interiors for a year and half and selling Tupperware for a year and I do truly enjoy meeting new people and going to different places to do parties..
I come from 6th generation of deaf family on my Mom's side; my daughter is the 7th. My Granny has deaf brother and sister who also has deaf children so that's how I'm related to Hedy/Ridor by our grandmothers being sisters. I am proud of my Deaf hertiage and family members.
Thank you for reading the introduction and hope you have not fallen asleep just yet!
Mary










2 Comments:
Hey what about Your Dummy Husband s background are you embarassed about him or what ??
If anyone knew Bucky they would know he is no dummy! This comment makes me very angry and only a coward would not let his or her name be shown!
Post a Comment
<< Home